• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Belvedere new engine harness question

Pedalpusher

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
New engine harness I received with car. Everything looks correct except, I have a green wire that isn’t with it that I’m lost on. It’s the green wire on the right side of valve cover, it’s not part of the harness I have, but ran along with engine harness. Have no idea who made the harness I have. Also have an extra small 8” wire coming off new harness that has no pigtail on it, just a bare male terminal end. Some help would be appreciate. As you can see looking for a wiper motor as well. Hope I did this post correctly first timer

A8DD549D-0053-43D1-9776-20AA24412401.jpeg

4B1927AF-6871-4C1D-A8AF-D376D48FAEFC.jpeg

If it's light green just above the starter relay connection wire then it goes to the left directional light.
What color is the 8" wire? If it's gray could be the oil pressure switch.

That harness looks a bit crusty to me...

Sorry but your pictures aren't the best.

If it's light green just above the starter relay connection wire then it goes to the left directional light.
What color is the 8" wire? If it's gray could be the oil pressure switch.

That harness looks a bit crusty to me...

Sorry but your pictures aren't the best.
Here is another pic focused on green wire. Your correct wiring is crusty Don. Bought car, had a small fire under hood, came with this harness. Have everything complete on top engine carb, intake etc. Wanting to get new harness installed to see where I am with engine. Will be doing more with wiring later. Will have to take another look at that 8” wire, it’s not for oil pressure switch, have that figured out. Really appreciate the reply.

The green wire should go into the engine harness ( which is being talked about, but not actually there in any pics)
Someone cut it off to get the burnt harness out likely.
Good time to wire the alt and batt direct, around the bulkhead as a fire delete pkg.

Yes that's the horn relay.

Those tabs on the firewall are to route the harness.
I believe everyone is correct. At the moment I would say that extra male terminal with w/o pigtail goes to that plug (horn relay) I have the other two ends that go to horns, same color. I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts & help on this!

The green wire should go into the engine harness ( which is being talked about, but not actually there in any pics)
Someone cut it off to get the burnt harness out likely.
Good time to wire the alt and batt direct, around the bulkhead as a fire delete pkg.
Is there info on that somewhere in forums RemCharger? I have had a battery disconnect before, never have wired alt & batt direct. Thanks for the advice

Auto Transport Service
Back