• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 belvedere quarter glass....

belvy1

Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
I bought new passenger side quarter glass for the belvedere (2 dr hardtop) and I'm looking for installation info. I have the service manual for the car and there's some info in there but not very detailed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remove the back seat and armrest pad so that you can get the door (card) panel off. Also remove the inside metal plate that is just above the door panel. You will see a metal plate in the bottom center of the glass. It has a plastic button holding the metal plate and glass together. Push the plastic pin out of the center of it and roll the glass all the way down. Now just fish the glass up through the top. Remember what you did so you can reverse that to put it back together.

Remove the back seat and armrest pad so that you can get the door (card) panel off. Also remove the inside metal plate that is just above the door panel. You will see a metal plate in the bottom center of the glass. It has a plastic button holding the metal plate and glass together. Push the plastic pin out of the center of it and roll the glass all the way down. Now just fish the glass up through the top. Remember what you did so you can reverse that to put it back together.

Thank you VERY much for the help.....I'll follow it to the "t". If I have any issues, I might give you a shout if that's alright.....Thanks again!

Well, finally tore into the glass install and did not find what was described as a "plastic button holding the plate and glass together". I did not see any means of separating the glass and the plate it was mounted to without removing the entire track and regulator mechanisms. After 3 hours of partially disassembling what I could, I finally gave up. If ANYBODY has any helpful input, or can pint me in a good direction, I would greatly appreciate it! I've searched the web for days, and haven't come across anything. I could provide pictures since I still have the back seat and panel removed.

quarter glass

View attachment back glass.jpgView attachment back glass 2.jpgView attachment back glass 3.jpg
Sorry you are having troubles. This is what all the ones I have taken apart look like. The triangle piece is attached to the glass with the plastic rivet. Then the glass and bracket slide onto the blue roller. Sometimes cranking the window up or down will let you slide the triangle bracket off the blue roller but I have found it to be too wide to get through the opening together like that.

Wow....mine looks nothing like that. No wonder I couldn't see it. Is that from a 66 belvedere hardtop? I ended up getting it out, but pretty much had to dis assemble the whole damn works to do it. Now I need to get the glass out of the frame.

View attachment 208804View attachment 208805View attachment 208806
Sorry you are having troubles. This is what all the ones I have taken apart look like. The triangle piece is attached to the glass with the plastic rivet. Then the glass and bracket slide onto the blue roller. Sometimes cranking the window up or down will let you slide the triangle bracket off the blue roller but I have found it to be too wide to get through the opening together like that.

Auto Transport Service
Back