• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 BelvyII gets new feet and shoes

tpodwdog

Banned
Banned
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
ive decided, and bought these rims for the Belvy. 15 inchers and OF COURSE raised whites...waddayathink?:headbang:

Attachments

• $T2eC16FHJFoE9nh6n!6FBP5zhgvVYw~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16FHJFoE9nh6n!6FBP5zhgvVYw~~60_12.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 228
Those oughta look great, but I have to tell you, I like the Magnum 500's too

i love the mag 5's...but i have them on my 70 road runner and wanted to change up a bit.....and...these ones on the car now are not in that great of shape! i think the new rims will set it off pretty well! thanx!:hello2:

If you like them, go for it! But, since you asked, not my cup of tea, too 80ish looking for 66/67. JMO, enjoy and remember the wheelwell on the 66 is a whole lot tighter then the 68/69s. 245/60/15 required a slight trim on my 67. I'm running 15x7 with zero offset.

thanx for your opinion...i did ask and thanx for your honesty. they kinda do look modern...but this car is far from " correct" . these rims are 4" backset.,,,,or offset. the mag 5's on the back are "spread out " and i have about 1/2 " clearance on the quarter as it sits now.

i was thinking 255 60 15's all the way around...same as on my road runner. any ideas on that??? too much rubber maybe???? they look great on the runner....and the belvy does look smaller than the runner...but i measured both and they are relatively the same size car.

I think those wheels will look great with the color of your car. A silver or grey car needs chrome to set it off right! What brand are those and what was the price?

I have a 68 satellite and have been running staggered wheels -first 275/60/15 rear and 235/60/15 front. Those fronts handled well but looked too small to me. Now running 225/70/15 in front. Those don't handle as well and look too big even though they match the rears better. Now I am going to 215/70/15 fronts. If I had to do it all over again I would run 255/60/15 on all 4 corners. If you can fit those, run 'em.

thanx for your opinion...i did ask and thanx for your honesty. they kinda do look modern...but this car is far from " correct" . these rims are 4" backset.,,,,or offset. the mag 5's on the back are "spread out " and i have about 1/2 " clearance on the quarter as it sits now.

i was thinking 255 60 15's all the way around...same as on my road runner. any ideas on that??? too much rubber maybe???? they look great on the runner....and the belvy does look smaller than the runner...but i measured both and they are relatively the same size car.

I know 255's won't fit in the wheelwells of my 67 on the wheels I am running. I would ask others about the combo they are running. The 66/67 wheel house is definitly tighter and harder to get the wheels on and off the car w/ big tires.

I think those wheels will look great with the color of your car. A silver or grey car needs chrome to set it off right! What brand are those and what was the price?

I have a 68 satellite and have been running staggered wheels -first 275/60/15 rear and 235/60/15 front. Those fronts handled well but looked too small to me. Now running 225/70/15 in front. Those don't handle as well and look too big even though they match the rears better. Now I am going to 215/70/15 fronts. If I had to do it all over again I would run 255/60/15 on all 4 corners. If you can fit those, run 'em.

heres the link for the wheels. i paid $479.00 for 4........ free shipping on :headbang: ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221056624268?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

i have 255-70 15 on my road runner...ill swap some wheels from the runner to the belvy and see how they fit before i buy tires...thanx!

I'm running 255/70/15 on the rear and 225/70/15 front. Rear has 4.5" backspace on a 15X8" wheel. Front has 4" backspace on a 15X7" wheel. No Clearence or rub issues.

I saw those wheels on ebag they are the same star mags weld used to make and sell for the strip cars can't beat the price that's for sure and you can't go wrong with some 5 spokes everyone loves some good old american 5 spokes.

I'm running 255/70/15 on the rear and 225/70/15 front. Rear has 4.5" backspace on a 15X8" wheel. Front has 4" backspace on a 15X7" wheel. No Clearence or rub issues.

kool ,,,thanx,,,can ya post me a pic so i can chekk em out ???:headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back