• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Charger center armrest / console lock latch...?

jmbass98

Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Unsure if I'm describing this properly. The U-shaped piece of metal that holds onto the locking mechanism to keep the center console arm rest down.

181011553_1967-dodge-charger-center-console-hinged-arm-rest-b-body.jpg

This piece. Where can I get a replacement button / lock latch? I cannot find it anywhere to save the life of me... Been searching forever. Or are there replacements made with like cupholders or anything like that potentially? Would like to keep the originality but cupholders would be nice... Unless someone has better ideas on that end?

Unsure if I'm describing this properly. The U-shaped piece of metal that holds onto the locking mechanism to keep the center console arm rest down.

View attachment 1026034

This piece. Where can I get a replacement button / lock latch? I cannot find it anywhere to save the life of me... Been searching forever. Or are there replacements made with like cupholders or anything like that potentially? Would like to keep the originality but cupholders would be nice... Unless someone has better ideas on that end?
These pieces apparently are fragile or wear out quickly, mine did the same, I removed all my silver plates from the top of console and laid down black vinyl (over the button hole for now) and reattached them and it looks sharp, I know you probably want to keep it original but I couldn't locate any plates that were any better than mine or $$$ so I covered them in black witch looks good against the white interior I went back with...there's a man in Oklahoma named Jim that deals in 66-67 charger parts that will have what your looking for and has a wealth of information...918-333-5537

Auto Transport Service
Back