• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Charger center armrest / console lock latch...?

jmbass98

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Unsure if I'm describing this properly. The U-shaped piece of metal that holds onto the locking mechanism to keep the center console arm rest down.

181011553_1967-dodge-charger-center-console-hinged-arm-rest-b-body-jpg.jpg

This piece. Where can I get a replacement button / lock latch? I cannot find it anywhere to save the life of me... Been searching forever. Or are there replacements made with like cupholders or anything like that potentially? Would like to keep the originality but cupholders would be nice... Unless someone has better ideas on that end?

Yards would be my only guess however I believe you could make one. I sent these pics to another fellow on the forum.
S4010490.JPG
S4010491.JPG
S4010492.JPG
S4010493.JPG
S4010494.JPG
S4010495.JPG
S4010496.JPG

I have seen some use door lock buttons for a push pin, also pins that have holes in them for clips, to attach possibly cultivators, mowers on garden tractors.

If you unscrew the push button door latch knob, turn it upside down, put it against the latch or some similar piece that has a head, you can make it work. You could probably use a bolt and grind the head thinner. Hopes this helps, If not, I can try to post pictures, but I am a dismal failure at posting pictures.

If you unscrew the push button door latch knob, turn it upside down, put it against the latch or some similar piece that has a head, you can make it work. You could probably use a bolt and grind the head thinner. Hopes this helps, If not, I can try to post pictures, but I am a dismal failure at posting pictures.
That is ok. We are all here to help each other :drinks:

Oops sorry I used that one in my Plymouth, my mistake.
I deleted the post.

The part I'm missing is not the latch on the glove box side. But the U-shaped piece of metal on the arm-rest side that holds onto the latch.

The part I'm missing is not the latch on the glove box side. But the U-shaped piece of metal on the arm-rest side that holds onto the latch.
Thought you needed both. I made mine just as ODZKing shows.

Maybe I am dense... And misunderstanding what you mean... But not what that picture shows. The U-shaped piece of metal on the arm rest lid, that hooks onto the latch, that when you push the button on the console itself, unhooks the latch from that piece of metal and allows the lid to open up.

Auto Transport Service
Back