• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Charger Hemi 4 sp on BaT

Apparently the headlight doors don't work correctly. Pictures with lights on or off with them still open. Only one picture with them closed. It does appear the electroluminescent dash is operational. Black wrinkle valve covers are gone for chrome. The differential cover has had the chrome treatment as well. Nothing on current engine specifications, only that it's been rebuilt. Overall the car presents well as a older restoration. I love the 66 Charger interior, hands down the best ever. GG1 is a great color IMO. I will be watching to see what bids look like.

Looks strikingly similar to the Oscar leech Jr guys restoration on Facebook. He was building it to sell.
Don't let the beautiful green fool you,, it's the wheels that are making you puke.

I like that color...
not the wheels so much, needs some bling

for posterity
66 Charger Hemi - green on BaT.jpg

it's the wheels that are making you puke.

not the wheels so much

Agree, Interesting how many "muscle" cars sport the "original" dog dish hubcaps... I always thought of these as being temporary tires/wheels.

I'm not a fan of these either.

As a youngster only Taxi cabs or police cars had these.

Reminds me of new Hellcats where owners left orange tape on front spoilers (were supposed to be removed by dealer or buyer)

drichshafen-may-yellow-black-dodge-challenger-srt-motorworld-classics-bodensee-germany-153499334.jpg

I've even seen this orange tape on Chevies!!

Oh well..... "That's What Makes the World Go Round"...

Nice looking car, i also like the color combination.
Curious if and for how much it sells!

I could deal with the exterior color and the interior color. "Just not on the same car.

And agree, the wheels need something different

Looks like a nice, solid car that could use some work and detailing. Certainly far from perfect or correct. Later year water pump housing, missing windshield washer system under hood, carpet trim missing on right side front console some weathered trim. Some creative wiring on the relay panel - don’t see the usual fuseable link and relay post. Been a long time since I’ve looked at an early Charger but I’m guessing that embossed headliner is not correct - or is it?

I like the color - never had anything against green. Interesting to see where it ends up.

Looks like a nice, solid car that could use some work and detailing. Certainly far from perfect or correct. Later year water pump housing, missing windshield washer system under hood, carpet trim missing on right side front console some weathered trim. Some creative wiring on the relay panel - don’t see the usual fuseable link and relay post. Been a long time since I’ve looked at an early Charger but I’m guessing that embossed headliner is not correct - or is it?

I like the color - never had anything against green. Interesting to see where it ends up.
Yes that's the original headliner. Just one of the many things that sets these apart from the regular production type cars.

Poverty caps look and work great on some cars, IMO. However, the Charger was never meant to be the poor man sleeper. I think they are out of place, on that car.

Poverty caps look and work great on some cars, IMO. However, the Charger was never meant to be the poor man sleeper. I think they are out of place, on that car.
I believe 66 Chargers came standard with the spinner full wheel discs, road wheels ( magnum 500 wheels) and there were pictures in magazines of a birthday special with full discs like a 74 Plymouth.
In 1967 you could get full discs without the spinners from 66, imitation magnum 500’s and the road wheels.
I have never seen a 66-7 Charger with original poverty caps. Just my experience.

Road wheels were available for 67. Only wheel covers in 66

I'd take her as she sits. Love it!
Well, maybe slap a set of Magnum 500's on it for a little bling....but then, I do that
with every b-body I've ever had. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back