• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger Interior color 2 different reds?

Stowe

Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
I have some questions on shades of red used in 66 chargers. Fender tag reads P4R Red Vinyl . Q = Dark Red top of door paint. T= Dark red stripe. My question is my seats , carpet and interior door paint are dark red almost maroon , this is a one owner car with original interior . I ordered some seat covers form PG Classic and they are bright red not even close to the color of my interior My carpet is also a dark red/ maroon along with the dash and door panels. I included a couple pictures as reference. Did dodge change color midway through the production?

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_9939.JPG

Should have ordered from Legendary. And gotten samples first. What color red did they send you 520 Metallic Red or ?

Last edited:
Looked it up. PG has 528 Red listed as their seat color. Different from Legendary (520) who is usually correct. If you look at Legendry's sample selection you can see the differences.

the seat covers or my original seats?

Should have ordered from Legendary. And gotten samples first. What color red did they send you 520 Metallic Red or ?
I originally ordered from legendary , they are actually 45 mins from where I live. The problem is the over a yr lead time.

Nothing lost if you go and talk to them, just your time.
Yes I have talked to them . I can get the front legendary covers in stock at classic industries , still hunting for the rear covers .

Do the front for Legendary match like you want? And may have to wait if you want rear or ask them nicely. I did and they made my replacements rears in about a month. I had a set that they had made a while back but were the wrong pattern form so did not fit the rear seat backs.

Auto Transport Service
Back