• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet Deck Lid Trim Fasteners

JonR

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:19 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to remove and clean up the top stainless trim piece on the back of my 66 Coronet 440 deck lid. It appears to be held on by two studs and nuts (at either end which you can see and handle easily) plus five plastic push pins of some kind. I can see a small white plastic push pin coming through inside the deck lid. I'm hesitating in removing the trim piece because I am sure some of the plastic pins will break and possibly even the end studs may break as they are rusty. Where can I find these plastic push pins and possibly studs that fit into the trim moulding? Thanks!

I went through the same thing on my 66 Satellite. Broken studs, broken clips etc. Went to my local body shop supply store and found some clips that I modified to work. The fastener brand is called Auveco. Hope this helps.

Would you have any pictures or descriptions of what you used? I see the Auveco web site. Thanks for the lead. I could go talk to a few body shops.

Would you have any pictures or descriptions of what you used? I see the Auveco web site. Thanks for the lead. I could go talk to a few body shops.
Sorry, didn't take any photos. Take one of your old fasteners with you and match something.

Auto Transport Service
Back