• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet, from Single Reservoir MC to Double,

I don't doubt it, Don. My point is, even if discs only stop you 30 feet quicker, it could be the difference between avoiding an impact and twisting up some vintage sheet-metal; or worse...

To Catch folks up, Thanks to the Great Coaching from many here. Know that I appreciate you and your help. Here is what came via the deliveryman today. :)

IMG_4484.jpg

One more piece to the puzzle and we will be ready for the Bleed the Brakes Dance once again. Best to you all, B.

Sorry that your conversion has been such a problem for you Joe, but I don't agree with you about keeping the drums. The first time somebody pulls something crazy in front of you you are really going to appreciate the disc brake system. You are right to either use the complete later model A body parts or deal with a reputable company such as Dr. Diff for a complete system, verses using a mix of components that will give you a headache. Remember, there's no shutdown area on the street...lol.
View attachment 959327View attachment 959323

thanks for the sympathy my friend I wanted to include a picture of my disc set up after seeing yours this I believe is the way the caliper is supposed to be installed I've tried doing some extra bleeding techniques in case there was an air bubble trapped in there

20200530_185217.jpg

Don and the rest of the great Coaches here, Thank you for your kind support. We got the new booster in finally and got the brakes bled yesterday. Fingers crossed. Something that happened and might happen to others is the following.

The dual res MC that most big box stores sell for this application is a 1 inch bore. It however does not have the MOPAR 9/16s by 20 as the front hole. Instead they come as 9/16s by 18. The rear hole is as per MOPAR specs. The folks that provide the wonderful bent brake lines send the Correct 20 end for the fronts, so I had to cut that off and put on a 9/16s by 18 to make it work. Got to test my Double Flare skills as well. :) Anyway, here is Before and After. Best to you all, B.
img_4408-jpg.jpg
IMG_4528.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back