• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet Hemi hood scoop under hood mounting

mikeysmopars

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have under hood mounting location for 66/67 Hemi hood scoop. ?
Thanks in advance

IMG_20200425_113217386.jpg

I don't have any good pictures, but I took the box my scoop came in and sat the scoop on it and traced the outside of it on the box. I cut that out. Then I measured the flange on the scoop and penciled that in on the template I was making. I put the scoop on the hood and aligned it with the back edge about a 1/4" from the rear edge. Then adjusted the position until I had it centered. I marked that on the hood. Then I sort of eyeballed the under structure of the hood to get approximate places that could be drilled to secure the scoop. I will admit that I could have done a more precise job of this, but it worked out well. If you are going to make your scoop functional it will take additional time and careful measurements to get it exact. A $35 hood pad covers my little miscue there. I used a paper hole punch and punched the template. I tapped the template to the hood drilled the hood, then reversed it to the scoop and drilled the scoop. Job done.
IMG_1522.jpg
20180501_155634.jpg
20180426_153840.jpg

Thanks Jerry
Nice car! Guess I'll try the same unless someone has under shot of the hood

Mine just got mounted - it's still in the shop. I'll get some pics when I get down there tomorrow. I used a Sled City S/S scoop.

snook

Mine just got mounted - it's still in the shop. I'll get some pics when I get down there tomorrow. I used a Sled City S/S scoop.

snook
Hello Snook, On my scoops you don't need a templete. I have studs hanging down for e-z installation. Set the scoop on the hood and mark where the studs hit. Use fender washers underneath and a locking nut, nut with plastic insert, and on the front use a small piece of chrome tubing that feeds your bathroom sink and 2 stainless washers for a dressup. Thanks for being a good customer.

Hey Larry, scoop is mounted now, EZ. I'll be doing the hood underside cutting in the next year in prep for the hemi install. I'm getting the car back from the shop tomorrow and I'll get some pics of what the shop did. It will all change when I do the WO underhood mods and I'll post some pics of that too.

snook

Hey Larry, scoop is mounted now, EZ. I'll be doing the hood underside cutting in the next year in prep for the hemi install. I'm getting the car back from the shop tomorrow and I'll get some pics of what the shop did. It will all change when I do the WO underhood mods and I'll post some pics of that too.

snook
Thanks for the update, and the kudo's

Here's a pic, I don't know if you can use it or not.

snook

20200504_152947.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back