• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet Radio Antenna

Daytrepper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know what size diameter the radio antenna chrome bezel and mast is?

I am wondering if a previous owner might have made the antenna hole on my fender too large; it is 1 1/4" diameter.

Wanting to know if I need to fix the hole to the correct size, or if a correct antenna for the car will just fit in the existing hole.

Post a picture of the hole you have and the measurements.
20180427_141014.jpg

Here's a picture. The hole doesn't look "factory"...if I can be ok for now putting a factory antenna in I'd like to rather than having to do a bunch of body work.

20220130_125839.jpg 20220130_125810.jpg

The hole has been enlarged. I think a correct antenna can still be used, but it's not going to cover all the paint damage. An original hole would have a notch for alignment of the bezel, but will not keep you from using an original or repop antenna.

The hole has been enlarged. I think a correct antenna can still be used, but it's not going to cover all the paint damage. An original hole would have a notch for alignment of the bezel, but will not keep you from using an original or repop antenna.

Thanks. That's what I was hoping to be able to do until I can fix the paint damage.

Thanks. That's what I was hoping to be able to do until I can fix the paint damage.
Measured the hole in my fender. About 11/8th dia. In a lot of cases, customer ordered cars with radios had radio and antennas in the trunk, along with hubcaps exterior mirrors etc. the dealer then made the hole and mounted the antenna. Our car has the dealer made hole.
The bezel and rocker I have are 15/8ths in dia. You should be fine. Don’t know if you have a bezel and nut or antenna but they are specific to 66-7 Dodge b body. Plymouth have a different part number. The antenna is the same both P and D.
Maybe you already know this.

Measured the hole in my fender. About 11/8th dia. In a lot of cases, customer ordered cars with radios had radio and antennas in the trunk, along with hubcaps exterior mirrors etc. the dealer then made the hole and mounted the antenna. Our car has the dealer made hole.
The bezel and rocker I have are 15/8ths in dia. You should be fine. Don’t know if you have a bezel and nut or antenna but they are specific to 66-7 Dodge b body. Plymouth have a different part number. The antenna is the same both P and D.
Maybe you already know this.

Thank you; I've got a factory repop antenna ordered that I'm going to install; that is supposed to be for 66-7 B's.

From what I can tell the car did not have a radio from the factory; someone added a radio over the years; did a fine hack job of it...LOL. I'm going to have to make a new harness for the radio, and figure something out on speakers.

Eventually I'll fix the paint damage around the hole; with all the mechanical work going on with the car the budget wont permit that for quite a while lol. I'll call it "patina" for now.

Thanks for the help, factory repop antenna fit nicely, I'll clean the paint up around it best I can until I can fix that right.

antenna.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back