• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet windshield molding install question

Rojo

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if the molding clips for the front windshield trim screw into the gasket after the glass is installed? My car didn't have the trim on the windshield when I bought it. I have found some trim and am now wondering the best way to install. Can i screw the clips into the existing gasket or do I need to take the windshield out and replace the entire gasket? What is the process? Thank you

If the clips are currently rusted away, you'd have to remove the window+gasket to screw new clips in the windshield jamb.

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if the molding clips for the front windshield trim screw into the gasket after the glass is installed? My car didn't have the trim on the windshield when I bought it. I have found some trim and am now wondering the best way to install. Can i screw the clips into the existing gasket or do I need to take the windshield out and replace the entire gasket? What is the process? Thank you
Nope because they are screwed in. You will have to remove the windshield to replace the clips. The clips are actually screwed into the metal.

Thank you. That’s what I assumed was the case. Most of the clips are missing and are no longer on the car.

Anyone know a good glass shop in the Louisville ky area that works on vintage cars?

Thank you. That’s what I assumed was the case. Most of the clips are missing and are no longer on the car.

Anyone know a good glass shop in the Louisville ky area that works on vintage cars?
I found that not many glass places around here want to do a gasket glass. But I did find a loophole in the custom market. Find a guy who restores VW beetles. All of those cars have gasket windows. Guy near me said he would do it... 150.00

Ok. I found someone to install the wind shield. Does anyone know where the longer molding clips go? The kit arrived with two different length clips. Thank you.

Ok. I found someone to install the wind shield. Does anyone know where the longer molding clips go? The kit arrived with two different length clips. Thank you.
Count the screw holes, and then the clips and compare. Or hold the clips in place and see which ones fit correctly. pretty certa the bottom clips are long.

Auto Transport Service
Back