• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Fury value

Hilljack68

Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
If you came across this in your neighborhood, what would you be willing to spend on it?...

66 Fury, 383/727 console
Floor and trunk pans are solid
Cross members good
Bit of a cave-in on the right quarter
Complete car
Titled
1709909945795.png

1709910010175.png

1709910066087.png

1709910132911.png

You’d probably get more answers over on forcbodiesonly.

It’s free to join.

$2K is all I would pay - I have a restored 65 Fury I cop car.......

To me mabey it's just the lines or style in general but the 65/66 sport furys are a small C body.
That one sounds like it is pretty restorable. Buckets, big block console car.
May or may not have a sure grip, Compared to the junk we seen sold as project cars in the B body family I do not think 5 to 6 k is out of line in 2024 dollars.

I'm a 66 fan in general.
Assuming the drivetrain is useable.
I'd say if you can get it for 3,000 - 3,500 you'd have a pretty good deal.

It appears to be a top of the line VIP Sport Fury. Pretty rare these days. Slightly more desirable than the other 66 furies. If it is a 383 car, I would ask 4 G and go down from there. If it is a 4 speed, I would start at 5 G. You can always go down. Those missing quarter panel moldings are hard to find in any condition. The pot metal deck lid panels get real expensive to restore since they all get pitted from the exhaust. It would be a good project for someone though.

It should have a VIP emblem in the grille if it is. Also, The reason I thought it was a VIP is as far as I know the VIP got the fender mounted turn signal where the rest of them did not. (unless it was an option that I am not aware of)

The 66 VIP is actually a separate model from the Fury, Fury I, Fury II, and Fury III, but shares the same body. Mine has a gold VIP badge on the C-pillar and, I believe a VIP badge on the door panels. It was their luxury model with a plush interior and fancier trim. It does have the fender mounted turn signals.

Last edited:
That was a $500 car not that long ago! These days I would be at $2500 max.

It appears to be a top of the line VIP Sport Fury. Pretty rare these days. Slightly more desirable than the other 66 furies. If it is a 383 car, I would ask 4 G and go down from there. If it is a 4 speed, I would start at 5 G. You can always go down. Those missing quarter panel moldings are hard to find in any condition. The pot metal deck lid panels get real expensive to restore since they all get pitted from the exhaust. It would be a good project for someone though.
Agree it's a Sport Fury so it's the top model. It has the Sport Fury trim on the doors where the VIP's did not get those. There is a following for these and should be saved...

Agree it's a Sport Fury so it's the top model. It has the Sport Fury trim on the doors where the VIP's did not get those. There is a following for these and should be saved...
So......maybe the fender turn signals were an option then in 66 or someone added them. I can only remember seeing one 66 with them and it was a VIP

So......maybe the fender turn signals were an option then in 66 or someone added them. I can only remember seeing one 66 with them and it was a VIP
Could be you never know with an old car what people did. I believe it was an option but not sure but other SF's have them.. OR maybe someone put the Sport Fury trim on the doors and it is a VIP. Only the OP will know when he gets more info.
1710036371964.png
1710036436203.png

Last edited:
It's a sport fury with ( possibly) vip emblems put on the front and back. Hard to zoom in enough with poor picture.

Did you buy the car? I seen it on fb. Seller was asking 3500.00. 3 grand is a fair price. Ad is no longer up.

Did you buy the car? I seen it on fb. Seller was asking 3500.00. 3 grand is a fair price. Ad is no longer up.
Yep, that's the one. I've still been messaging the guy.

No, I haven't seen it in person yet. I was supposed to go yesterday, but we got a bunch of rain - to mucky to be sliding under a car.

He had it listed as a "Fury", but it appears there is the "Sport Fury" badge toward the front of the fenders.

Auto Transport Service
Back