• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Hemi Charger on BaT

Look at the seller 365cabbie other post. Seems like a flipper/dealer/consigner to me.

1706989963646.png

Bid to $68.5k and no sell. Way too much for the condition. Another $6,000 to just make it safe to drive, or $25k to make it a presentable #2 or #3 car, or $60k to make it a #1 car. And I would still hate to have explain to everyone about the lack of chassis reinforcements and correct VIN rivets with just a shrug of my shoulders.

Bid to $68.5k and no sell. Way too much for the condition. Another $6,000 to just make it safe to drive, or $25k to make it a presentable #2 or #3 car, or $60k to make it a #1 car. And I would still hate to have explain to everyone about the lack of chassis reinforcements and correct VIN rivets with just a shrug of my shoulders.

Yes.

I would imagine it's a shill bid.

Way more than $60K to restore to #1 condition nowadays. 66-67 are one of the most costliest mopars to restore.

There was a very nicely restored (#2 to #1) black 4spd original owner that sold for over $100K. biggest detractor on that car was the 68 side markers added to it :BangHead:

dark green is a far away from desirability than black.

I too would want to verify the numbers, then get proper rivets and move on.
Frame reinforcements is a moot point, they just weren't put on this car. A shoulder shrug sounds about right given the importance of that conversation.
The people bidding on the car did not seem concerned about restoration costs vs purchase price. Some people have money and know what they want.
Were they shill bidders? Hell if I know.

No such thing as shill bidders. Legally, it's a free country and anybody can bid. BAT probably says the Seller can't bid, but his friend can. It's best to decide what it's worth to you and don't get emotionally involved as people play their silly games.
The Seller wants $70K or more, but can't be bothered to take it to a body shop and get the hood adjusted for a couple hundred bucks.

First auction I've watched on BAT and it my first impression is: it's a joke, and BAT doesn't care as they get paid anyway. Bidders might pay more for it next time, but that's less likely than people dismissing the car and bidding with an attitude. Pretend to sell the car and I'll pretend to bid seriously. How long before they can run it through again?

Auto Transport Service
Back