• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite bucket seat upholstery - listing wires on seat cover bottoms or not?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone verify if the 66 bucket seat upholstery bottoms have listing panels near the scroll work trim that fasten down to the springs creating a mild bolster? If so, I'm suspecting that who ever installed my seat covers before I bought the car might have skipped that part of the installation. They are Legendary covers but the seat bottoms are basically flat which makes me suspicious. I’m installing new upholstery in my 67 and I’m wondering if I need to re-do the 66 seats next to correct.

IMG_5562.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

There all different. Probably have to pull the covers off and look. Dodge might have one, Plymouth may have two. My '69 RR has two. May end up skipping the seat backs, can't get the cover on, maybe because the listing wires/envelope won't allow the cover to move. Open it up and see if you have an envelope, or no envelope. Wires or no wires.

These have never been touched. Foam and burlap is fawked and they need to be, but not happening anytime soon.
1966plymouthsathp2 094.jpg
1966plymouthsathp2 095.jpg
1966plymouthsathp2 087.jpg

I'll have mine outside later this week . I'll ck if I can see anything without taking the seats out.
But mine definitely have a puffed up look kinda sorta

interior.jpg

Bill, yours definately look like they have listing wires just outside of the scroll strips. Wayne’s looks sort of like mine - flatter. Guess I’ll have to take one apart and see if the pockets for the listing wires are on the backside of the covers. Maybe it’s just the old, original foam that’s a
little flat and the listing doesn’t pull the covers in enough to form a bolster.

Thanks

Here's my passenger side that isn't as beat as the drivers after 58.5 years.
20240407_160320.jpg
20240407_160357.jpg

It does look like it’s pulled down a little at the scroll strips like it has a listing wire attachment there. I’m going to have to open mine up and see how it was done.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back