• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 66 satellite grille headlight bezels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satellitejoe

Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my headlight bezels and grille for my 66. Would love to find dent free. thank you.

I have some but I need to ask...If they are not dented and are straight, but the Anodizing and Argent and Black paint are rapidly fading away, would you be interested in them? You could have them refurbished if you can find a place to do so. Here's my offer...You pay shipping and handling, and they are yours. Reply by PM if this interests you...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

the paint on mine are ok. Id like to replace they arent as straight as i would like.

20211230_145018.jpg 20211230_144913.jpg

You can have them stripped, repaired and polished for a not unreasonable figure. And maintain them with a little Mothers and wax every couple of years like mine.
3DC479D1-CE69-4475-BACB-A5A0F2D899B9.jpeg

But if you want them re-anodized that adds more work and cost. But repairs for a metal guy would not be much work.

You can have them stripped, repaired and polished for a not unreasonable figure. And maintain them with a little Mothers and wax every couple of years like mine.
View attachment 1215996

But if you want them re-anodized that adds more work and cost. But repairs for a metal guy would not be much work.
Those look better than my NOS pair.
P1050033.JPG

I used a small shop in western Arkansas for my chrome and aluminum work - Whitworx. I did the detail painting. I’m a little hesitant to recommend them only because it’s a small, one man, one daughter shop and turn around is generally about 3 months. You can probably find a closer shop with quicker turn around. But for reference, mine did not need any repairs and stripping/ polish was $75/each. I masked them with fine line tape, primed the area with SEM self etching primer, sprayed the black areas with SEM Trim Black and the silver with Krylon flat aluminum paint.

He also did my grill but buffing equipment couldn’t reach into the grill to polish the interior areas of the grill bars. So, I spent about 2 - 2-1/2 days hand sanding and polishing the interior bar areas and then masking and painting the grill reinforcements and the few blackout areas on the face. I didn’t mind as it was sort of tedious work that would have run his shop hours and my cost way up, had I had him do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back