• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Bel heater box extraction

Mark Barnes

Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Have a leaking heater core. Trying to figure out how the heater box comes out...looks like it's all one piece from the pass. door post to the steering column. I see the screws at the bottom, but not sure how else it may be attached. Looks so nasty I'm considering bypassing the core. Forever.
Anybody know an easy way to get at the heater core?

There are 3 or 4 nuts on firewall, hope no A/C. go to this link for service manual. Don't know if Bels came with consoles but if so needs to unscrewed and moved backward. When you get new core make sure pipes that come through firewall are as long as your old one. I got one where pipes were only a 1/2" out of firewall. Service Manuals – MyMopar

There are 3 or 4 nuts on firewall, hope no A/C. go to this link for service manual. Don't know if Bels came with consoles but if so needs to unscrewed and moved backward. When you get new core make sure pipes that come through firewall are as long as your old one. I got one where pipes were only a 1/2" out of firewall. Service Manuals – MyMopar
Thanks Fran. I was just scrolling around and came across a pic of a heater box for sale. Now I understand. Thanks for your help!

From the FSM:

IMG_2181 Large.png
IMG_2181 Large.png

Auto Transport Service
Back