• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Belvedere - Heater Delete - Anyone ever seen one

dsd1967

Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
I have a 67 belvedere that was an AC car and I planned on making it a Non-AC car. After filling all the AC holes in the firewall....I got to thinking about just leaving it as is and not putting the heater core in. A couple questions:

If a car was heater delete, did they still have the heater box without the heater core, or did they just have a vent on the passengers side that resembled the drivers side?

If the car was heater delete, what did they do with all the extra holes in the firewall? Plastic Plugs? I'm still thinking of drilling the non AC holes in the firewall in case I change my mind. It's a lot easier to do all that without the engine in there.

I would assume there would be no blower motor, the dash would have a block off plate where the controls would be and there would be no need for defrost vents.....correct?

I have everything needed to put the heater in, but this will always be a fair weather driver. Without the heater box there are less things to go wrong. At this point I could go either way.

Thoughts....and does anyone have pictures of a heater delete car?

never heard of heater delete! I always thought a car had to have defrost to pass safety!

Most cars in Hawaii and south of the border had them. All the S/S cars did, too. Special right vent-box, and plates to block the defroster slots were also part of the pkg. Real dash-delete plates are expensive.

I used a piece of sheet metal and a couple of self tappers and just drilled holes in the pre existing holes to run the wires through once I pulled the engine out I'll redo it smooth

Did the RO23 cars have heaters?

Most cars in Hawaii and south of the border had them. All the S/S cars did, too. Special right vent-box, and plates to block the defroster slots were also part of the pkg. Real dash-delete plates are expensive.
I have the correct special RH vent box and cable. I also think I have the dash bezel is this the right one?

IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1892.JPG IMG_1894.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back