• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 67 Belvedere II Gas Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

379Petercar

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for a gas cap for a 67 Belvedere II. I know they’re hard to come by. Everything I have bought so far isn’t deep enough to lock in and turn. Any help would be much appreciated

Maybe this helps.

Some options for 66-67 Plymouth Satellite/Belvedere gas caps.

Stant: #10731
Gates: #31731
Duralast: #6731

These are sold to fit 73-76 Ford F100s, and I'm sure other models from these years. There are several different styles available but these are the part numbers that look closest to original for a 66-67 Plymouth and fit the location. These aren't curved like the original but I believe could be modified as they are make from steel. And even though these are vented, I've used them on my 66-67 Belvederes for decades without any issues. And nobody ever "borrowed" one. At $10-20, forgetting it at the pump doesn't break the bank.

IMG_1625.JPG

Right now it appears Stant and MotoRad are suppliers and have some differences in appearance. MotoRad supplied samples I have from both Gates and AutoZone (Duralast).

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

The Stant has two sets of the tabs, you could grind off the inside set if you wanted to. Both use black plastic for the knob but someone could get creative and use some metal, then paint to match. These would never pass as original, but could be an inexpensive option for someone who needs a way to cap the tank.

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

vs a "correct" cap, it's actually cheaper to put on the GTX flip cap.

Plus, it's attached and less likely to get stolen.

Shop around, though prices vary a LOT for the same kit.

Maybe this helps.

Some options for 66-67 Plymouth Satellite/Belvedere gas caps.

Stant: #10731
Gates: #31731
Duralast: #6731

These are sold to fit 73-76 Ford F100s, and I'm sure other models from these years. There are several different styles available but these are the part numbers that look closest to original for a 66-67 Plymouth and fit the location. These aren't curved like the original but I believe could be modified as they are make from steel. And even though these are vented, I've used them on my 66-67 Belvederes for decades without any issues. And nobody ever "borrowed" one. At $10-20, forgetting it at the pump doesn't break the bank.

View attachment 1306993

Right now it appears Stant and MotoRad are suppliers and have some differences in appearance. MotoRad supplied samples I have from both Gates and AutoZone (Duralast).

View attachment 1306995

View attachment 1306994

The Stant has two sets of the tabs, you could grind off the inside set if you wanted to. Both use black plastic for the knob but someone could get creative and use some metal, then paint to match. These would never pass as original, but could be an inexpensive option for someone who needs a way to cap the tank.

View attachment 1306996

View attachment 1306997

View attachment 1306998
Thank you so much for all the detail!! This is much appreciated! Already checked this morning and both AutoZone and Advance have their respective caps in stock.

vs a "correct" cap, it's actually cheaper to put on the GTX flip cap.

Plus, it's attached and less likely to get stolen.

Shop around, though prices vary a LOT for the same kit.
Thank you. I’ve looked a bit this morning and some of the prices made my eyes water.

To think I sold a '66 Plymouth cap in mint condition for $30.00 back in 2018. It was the body color type. I was unaware of the market for these as I usually part out 68-70 B Bodies. At that time these (painted style) were fetching $100.00+
The Plymouth logo types asking prices are insane.

Holy crap $1000.00:

Yep give me the Autozone one. Ridiculous.

I want to say megaparts had the best price when I did my wagon.

To think I sold a '66 Plymouth cap in mint condition for $30.00 back in 2018. It was the body color type. I was unaware of the market for these as I usually part out 68-70 B Bodies. At that time these (painted style) were fetching $100.00+
The Plymouth logo types asking prices are insane.

Holy crap $1000.00:
[/URL]

Yep give me the Autozone one. Ridiculous.
Agree not paying that high price. I could see me doing that and then I leave it on top of a fuel pump

The only way I would own a cap of such magnitude is to display it at shows with me present at my car. If I walk away I switch the cap to an Autzone one.

...or leave a shop rag stuffed in the filler and present the correct cap in a locked display box in the interior, or on a pedestal, outside the car.

IIRC my flip cap setup cost about $175- new seal, new repro bracket and trim panel, OEM cap from FxBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back