• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 blevd. quarter panel fix update

blazer 2010

Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
Thought I would post some pics of my Frankenstein quarter fix and also say thanks for all the help on this scary project. Somebody applied a full patch panel over the old quarter so I ripped it of to find a nice mess. Found a new taillight section on here and closed my eyes and stated cutting. There are no parts cars around here at all, actually I don,t even any at the car shows. I think there are 2 around somewhere ,see them once every 2 years. Well it started well then went bad on some of the welds but came out not to bad for a first time. I threw some epoxy on it for the winter. It looks good on the pictures but it looks pretty bad looking down the side, lots of sanding to do yet. I,m slowly getting a handle on this body work stuff.

patch job 2.JPG SAM_0226.JPG SAM_0243.JPG SAM_0275.JPG SAM_0277.JPG SAM_0279.JPG

You can only get good, thru practice. Good for you.

Wow, I would never even try doing quarters on my '66 Satellite. I ended up buying patch panels and am hopefully going to find someone in the Okanagan to install them over the winter.

Good work, man!
DSC03426.JPG

WOW! Your quarter looked as bad as mine. Somewhere along the way, the right quarter had been cobbled together with chicken wire, wood screws and bondo. There might have been a metal patch in there, but it was a mess. You're doing a great job.

Auto Transport Service
Back