• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger dash component question

Potshot

Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
My 67 Charger's dash is missing the part circled in red in this pic. Does anyone know the P/N or proper name for it? I'm hoping someone offers a repro at least.

iMarkup_20211124_172648.jpg

Not my car. If I can find one I expect I'll have to manage the color.

Thanks!

Well the tan part is connected to the entire dash frame. Like it’s one big stamping, it doesn’t come apart without a saw.

1966 and 1967 dash frames are different in the steering column area and don’t interchange.

Last edited:
Interesting, probably why I can't find anything.

Here you can see it out of its natural habitat. All one piece the chrome is the only thing that comes off besides the dash pad and the glove box door and the cluster stuff.
s-l1600.jpg

Noted! Thank you sir

Here you can see it out of its natural habitat. All one piece the chrome is the only thing that comes off besides the dash pad and the glove box door and the cluster stuff.

Well the tan part is connected to the entire dash frame. Like it’s one big stamping, it doesn’t come apart without a saw.

1966 and 1967 dash frames are different in the steering column area and don’t interchange.
What are differences in column areas if you don’t mind me asking? Have a 67 and it seems like something is missing

View attachment 1198548

I just started on my 67 Charger dash "restoration". I have read all of the responses as well as the link identifying the differences between 66 and 67. Fortunately I have my entire 67 dash in place with all guages, platic chrome etc. I have a few questions: 1st, can the plastic chrome trim be removed without removing the entire dash? 2nd: if I have to remove the dash from the car, after I remove the gauge cluster, light switches, wiper switch, radio, glove box, radio speaker can I remove the entire dash with the dash pad in place? Finally, are there 4 fasteners, 2 bottom and two on top, to remove the entire dash frame? Look forward to any answers, thank you.

That chrome is made into the cluster and glovebox cover. Its kind of a foil on the plastic.

I know this isn't the charger cluster. But you can see its like a chrome overlay of a sort. Not sure how they chromed plastic back then. I tried with some Chrome pens to fix it. Didn't turn out bad but ended up selling the project. This picture is not my rechrome.. Just one I found on the web.
s-l1600.jpg

Here is the video I did. I was pretty much just testing the Molito Chrome pens. They work pretty well I just have a lack of precision. But it wasn't too bad for a first attempt.

Last edited:
There are mounting screws pretty much under the windshield glass gasket. I think 4 or 5 that will have to be removed. There may also be some brackets under the dash that will have to be removed. I never took mine out so I can't swear on that. But braces around the brake peddle and back of cluster come to mind. I wouuld think you can leave the dash pad on. But risk of cracking it might be there if you bump it on something.. Its probably brittle.

If you don't already have one download the service manual. Here https://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1967_Dart_Coronet_Charger_Service_Manual.zip

The windshield has to come out.
Instrument cluster has to have all connections disconnected. Heater control knobs come off.
Dash pad can come out with the frame. As mentioned before, all braces need to be taken off.

Auto Transport Service
Back