• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet 440 door panels

Gary Stavely

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
Hello
Has anyone on here used the legendary door panels on a 440 model restoration?
It says they are for a R/T or 500 with buckets but the main difference I see is the carpet on the bottom. Also anyone know if the rear panels fit? Going to order from classic industries but just want to make sure they will work, thanks in advance!

Not on a B body but I bought a pair for my Swinger. They were perfect.

Not on a B body but I bought a pair for my Swinger. They were perfect.
Yeah forsure, my only concern is they are not for the 440 model but I really don't see a difference and the panels should be identicalin fit... I did call but couldn't get a straight answer.

They are the same shape, they will fit the car just fine, front and rear. It is the pattern in the vinyl that is totally different from the 440 to the 500 models.

They are the same shape, they will fit the car just fine, front and rear. It is the pattern in the vinyl that is totally different from the 440 to the 500 models.
Thanks! I figured as much, there is not much to them and the doors can only really hold a certian panel so I couldn't imagine they wouldn't fit. Thought I would ask because I am surely not the first one to want too buy these for a 440 restoration.

Just seen this post.
Gary the only differeance is in the arm rest length, the 500s and R/Ts use longer arm rest than the 440 models.
I think the 440 is a 9 " and the 500s are 12 or 13".

Thanks! I don't think it really matters what size armrests I use they should boyh work and I already purchases the 9". I can't figure out why they listed the back panels for a convertible, they look the same so it kinda confuses me and when I phoned all the staffer said was it says convertible so I though I would ask on here.

Thanks! I don't think it really matters what size armrests I use they should boyh work and I already purchases the 9". I can't figure out why they listed the back panels for a convertible, they look the same so it kinda confuses me and when I phoned all the staffer said was it says convertible so I though I would ask on here.
Hi Gary, the reason I brought up the arm rest length is the panels will have arm rest mount holes aprox 1/2" dia . Punched in the door panel.
I was not sure if a 9" arm rest will cover the hole spread for a 13" arm rest.
I think the rear panels for a convert will sit out away from the side a little more than a hardtop car because of the top frame has to fold down into the qt. panel.

The holes in the panel / and door are the same regardless of 9 or 13 inch.

Convert rear panels are entirely different than hardtops or sedans. Every piece.

Auto Transport Service
Back