• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet or 67 Charger

I have a 67 Charger and 66 Coronet Convertible. Every time I look at a Coronet I always think: man, if it just had hideaway headlights... and an electroluminescent dash... and... then I realize you just buy a Charger in the first place. Chargers are rare, and the 1966 NASCAR champ pedigree, perfect blend of cool and performance.

welcome to FBBO

good luck with the quest to get a 67 R/T or Charger

I'm partial to the Charger. You can fit a 295/50/15 under a Charger without any modifications. Interiors on the Chargers are more unique. In my opinion the '66's are better than the '67's.
Charger is going to be more expensive. The EL dash lights, rotating headlamps are not cheap to fix.

I'm partial to the Charger. You can fit a 295/50/15 under a Charger without any modifications. Interiors on the Chargers are more unique. In my opinion the '66's are better than the '67's.
Charger is going to be more expensive. The EL dash lights, rotating headlamps are not cheap to fix.
I've got 295/50/15s on 15x12 Cragar Starwires for mine.
KIMG0367.JPG
KIMG0365~2.JPG

Hmmmm, 66/67 Coronet Convert all the way. :). Not that I am protecting my current position. :). That Coke Bottle Shape on the sides is just toooooo, cool. My view, any of the Above or combination there of. Enjoy. Best, B.

It's definitely an "apples to something that's not really apples" comparison.

I personally LOVE the roof line of the 66/67 Coronet.
I also kind of like the area in the front of the rear wheel where all those body lines come together.
That area is a complete SOB to get correct if it needs redone.

However, the Charger has a LOT of neatness factors, and you can get a MUCH bigger tire on the rear without really trying, which is a serious limitation on the Coronet.

To me the answer is obvious- one of each.

...and with both not being as in demand as 68-70, it's not out of the realm of possibility to get 2 for the price of a comparable 68-70!

...and you just missed two relatively cheap factory 440 67 Chargers on ebay, one a four speed with dealer A/C!

Hmmmm, 66/67 Coronet Convert all the way. :). Not that I am protecting my current position. :). That Coke Bottle Shape on the sides is just toooooo, cool. My view, any of the Above or combination there of. Enjoy. Best, B.

Stand to the rear and side of a 66. Tilt your head 90 degrees towards the car.
What do the coke bottle lines remind you of?

I've always loved the "internal coke bottle" look.

You can tell it came from the 64 thunderbird, but I don't care.
(I like those too)
(...and those are also WAY undervalued and have been for a looong time)

Coronet. 67 was probably the best built year. Production numbers were lower, and the overall build quality seems to be way better. I've had 4 over the years and the one I'm working on right now is a convertible.

I really agree on the build quality. Have had many of both newer and later. Enjoy what style you want but the fit and finish of the ‘67 and before interiors is superior.

I really agree on the build quality. Have had many of both newer and later. Enjoy what style you want but the fit and finish of the ‘67 and before interiors is superior.
....and I'll tell you this.....just on the half floor pan I pulled out...there were like 120 spot welds on that sucker....and getting the new pan cut and close to the original was hell. I left the toe board pinch seam alone too!

Stock 67 Charger can fit 275x15 60 series tire on a 15 x8 -4.5 back spacing rim on

the the rear, if you have the correct spring height.
I have never seen another car with 4 buckets 5 ash trays And 2 cigarette lighters.
We used to smoke way back in the day.
Still have the first 67 Charger we bought in 1970, and doing the last one now, guess I am a confirmed fastback addict. I do like all 66-67 B bodies.
All b bodies are nice, each one is special to most long term owners. My humble opinion.

I am working on a 1967 Coronet hemi R/T my self... I love the 1967 Coronets and Satellites over all the rest of the years......... but i will say this finding original parts will be a challenge and costly if you do not have a complete rust-free car.

They do not make very much repo parts for this car compared to earlier and later cars.

Especially exterior stainless trim and body replacement panels to mention a few.

Auto Transport Service
Back