• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet R/T Window Crank Handles?

Sam69sat

Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
I've recently picked up a 67 Coronet R/T in really good shape for what i think was a great price. It was a donor car for a 67 Hemi R/T so i'm now on the hunt for parts. It came with a few boxes of parts and there are two different window crank handle designs. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which crank handles are correct for a 67 R/T? I've attached a couple photos. One has little rib like design in the handle while the other is smooth. They both have differnet knob designs. Thanks for any help.

Crank handle A
s-l1600.jpg

Crank handle B
s-l1600.jpg

The first photo are the right ones. I have a 1967 R/T as well but it has power windows, so I can't send a picture of my handles. The second photo handles are like the ones on my 1964 Polara.

The first ones are the correct 67 cranks. The second picture is 66 and possibly earlier for B bodies.

Those were the handles we replaced the ones on 68 cars when the rubber kept falling off. Another product mandated by the Govt. that was never tested for longevity by Chrysler.

If I recall correctly the rear handles are shorter in length.

Hmmm, I have two cars and one had original handles. I didn’t measure them but it if they are different it’s not noticeable. Don’t recall seeing aftermarket differences for front or rear. Not that aftermarket is the benchmark.

I haven't found any difference in length either on my 66 and my 67 - front vs rear.

C bodies used a shorter version of this on the front door vent regulator.

The ones with the fine ribs in the handle are whats on my 66

EDIT,

I double ckd this morning. the rears on mine are in fact a little shorter the fronts

Last edited:
At least in '66, rear were shorter from the factory but I like to put the longer ones in the back since those awkward back/down/tilt/down rear mechanisms are leverage challenged anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back