• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet Tail Light Housing and Trunk Lid on a 66 Coronet

Sam69sat

Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
Recently picked up a 66 Coronet 500. It was missing the trunk lid, hood, doors, tail light housings, and pretty much everything. Basically a shell with all the exterior trim and glass. I happen to have spare 67 tail light housings, 67 trunk lid, 67 hood, 67 fenders, 67 grills, wirining, dash, etc. Just wondering if this stuff will bolt on without issue. Hoping to make a 66/67 hybrid since i have a lot of spare 67 parts.

I think a real 66 500 deserves to on as a 66..
But ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

If it's all used together, then yes.

Your car will look like a 67.

I agree a 66 should be kept looking like a 66 though.

Speaking of bumpers-

The 66 front turn lights are in the grill, the 67 are in the bumper.
The 66 rear turn lights are in the deck lid panel, the 67 are in the bumper.

67 steering column is wider, but if you are using a 67 dash....

I get it about keeping it a 66. Might still do that. My reason for possibly creating a hybrid is because i have a 67 R/T that i've been collecting parts for so i have spare pieces that could work on the 66. Also have a 67 4 door donor car that is mostly complete. Wasn't even planning on getting a 66 but the price was right and it had the wheel well trim i need for the R/T so i grabbed it. Too many projects and not enough time or money!

How are the bumpers ? I would be interested if they are in better shape than ours .

Sorry, no bumpers came on the 66. It's just a rollling shell with all the window trim and wheel well trim.

Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya just gotta do.

I've had several 66's with 67 hood lip trim because for some reason the 67 part is WAY easier to find used in good condition than the 66.

BTW the hoods are identical but the deck lid body lines are different.

If it's all used together, then yes.

Your car will look like a 67.

I agree a 66 should be kept looking like a 66 though.

Speaking of bumpers-

The 66 front turn lights are in the grill, the 67 are in the bumper.
The 66 rear turn lights are in the deck lid panel, the 67 are in the bumper.
back up lights are on the trunk lid on a 66
they are in the bumper on a 67

Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya just gotta do.

I've had several 66's with 67 hood lip trim because for some reason the 67 part is WAY easier to find used in good condition than the 66.

BTW the hoods are identical but the deck lid body lines are different.
I thought the under hood bracing was slightly different 66-67. Would like to know if that could be confirmed or dispelled. Thanks.

That's what I said.

66 & 67, yes, they are different at the rear bottom.

2769292.3.jpg
s-l300.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back