• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet wagon led cluster lights

cherokeechief79

Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
i have what i need to replace them.whats the easiest way to install them without breaking anything.
it looks tough to reach from underneath with the cluster still in.
i dont want to pull that round electrical plug if i dont have too.im afraid of it breaking.
can i pull the cluster far enough forward to do this?
mine also have to be installed the right way so ill need to power it up to see if they light.
thanks

You can pull the cluster out partially, but you have to drop the column by removing the two nuts holding it to the dash frame. The column will drop down enough to pull the cluster out, granted my car is a 67 belvedere, and the cluster might be different. Tape up the column where the cluster will touch, it will scratch it if you don't. Disclaimer : not an expert. I learned this stuff on my 67 Belvedere. Not sure how led lights work in the old mopar's

I have skinny hands and forearms so I have the luxury of reaching up and removing the bulb holders. That being said, no need to drop the column to remove the cluster on a 66/7 Dodge.

To add to this I would recommend, if financially feasible, to replace the circuit board and voltage limiter. The circuit boards crack and the pins loose contact. The voltage limiter contacts stick and toast your gages. Don't ask me how I know. :)

If you choose to go this more expensive route, I can give you links to the parts I used/recommend.

0AFF0E26-6B21-4AE2-8655-AD695B503D32.jpeg

Last edited:
i have what i need to replace them.whats the easiest way to install them without breaking anything.
it looks tough to reach from underneath with the cluster still in.
i dont want to pull that round electrical plug if i dont have too.im afraid of it breaking.
can i pull the cluster far enough forward to do this?
mine also have to be installed the right way so ill need to power it up to see if they light.
thanks
Remember, LED's need to be polarity correct. They won't work if you put them in backwards. And, they are not dimmable unless you buy ones that say they are.

Auto Transport Service
Back