• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Front inner fender shield questions

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
On a 67 GTX/Belvedere would anyone have a picture of what the front inner fender shields (by headlights) look like? Mine are missing, I purchased shields for a 66 Belvedere but they are not fitting, must be different. With carlisle approaching sure would be a big help to know what I'm searching for.
Thanks

I will have to look. I replaced the front flexible seals that I got from DMT. I didn't look to see, but I thought that was just part of the fender that didn't come off.

Per the parts book, 66 and 67 are in fact different

I can only assume due to the added 2nd head light

I removed this from my spare 66 fender.
Pass side

20230702_181433.jpg

I will have to look. I replaced the front flexible seals that I got from DMT. I didn't look to see, but I thought that was just part of the fender that didn't come off.
thats what i'm confused about, I have a set of 67 seals but they don't line up.

thats what i'm confused about, I have a set of 67 seals but they don't line up.
I have a fender that isn't on a car. I will check it, and if that doesn't get results, I will crawl under one of my 67's.

Here is the pictures I took a little while ago.
20230703_172132.jpg
20230703_172128.jpg
20230703_172124.jpg
20230703_172116.jpg
20230703_171404.jpg
20230703_171209.jpg
20230703_171204.jpg
20230703_170741.jpg

I pulled some of the seals off and there appears to be one or maybe 2 bolts. It also appears to be welded on one or two edges. I would have to remove undercoating to tell for sure. One question, can you see the back of a headlight from your inner fender?

This is a couple of rs pictures I took this morning. You can see the tabs where it would bolt to.

IMG_9723.jpeg

IMG_9722.jpeg

It's hard to believe that I'm looking at a 67 fender in your pictures. I have a 66 shell that still has a fender on it. I will try and look at it today.

It's hard to believe that I'm looking at a 67 fender in your pictures. I have a 66 shell that still has a fender on it. I will try and look at it today.
Looking at my pictures it seems like it is only missing like a top metal piece to attach the rubber seal to. The seal that goes vertical looks like it would attach directly to the fender. You can see the small holes all along the side for the clips.

Just came across this on eBay. This confirms what I suspected. There is only a top metal piece on each side that holds the top seal. The side seal is attached to the fender.
Anyone have a pair of these?

IMG_9725.png

L1000961.JPG
L1000962.JPG
L1000963.JPG

Not sure if this is exactly what youre looking for; car is wedged in pretty tight and had to just 'shoot from teh hip'... if not , let me know specifically and as I plan to have the car out later, I can get some more. :)

I have no need for them, I think I still have the new seal set also. I paid 125 for the shields and I think the seals set was around 25. I’d be happy just to recoup my outlay plus whatever shipping would be.

The boss says I have to wait until after the holidays are over then I can have a “car allowance” again lol. I will get back with you after the new year. Thanks for the quick response.

The boss says I have to wait until after the holidays are over then I can have a “car allowance” again lol. I will get back with you after the new year. Thanks for the quick response.
sure thing

Auto Transport Service
Back