• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 gtx 1/4 panel extension ?

blazer 2010

Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
On the panel ext. there is 4 cork screw type studs on them but I can,t get one of them tight,can they be removed to put in new ones,I tryed but I didn,t use too much force,don,t want to crack them,if so where can I get the studs and bolts for them

Not sure what you are talking about. :shruggy: Are you referring to lower trim on the quarter panel?...trunk extensions that attach to the lower rear quarter panel? (those are spot welded)...Photos may be required.

Those are quarter extensions and they are pot metal and the studs are cast into the piece, they are not removable. If you stripped the stud, try to find a smaller speed nut. Other wise take it off, cut the stud off, drill and tap what's left for a stud.

Hmm. I thought I was trying to help. :icon_scratch: I would provide a suggestion...such as applying some Silicone sealant to the stud and run the nut down so once it dries it holds the corner in place yet can still be removed if needed, but apparently I'm an ***...:bootyshake:

Thanks for schooling me blazer2010. I probably deserved that.

I'm used to seeing assembly abbreviated as assy. Damn computers...they don't always convey what we think.

Seriously, after the essembly is in place and the other three nuts are tight, apply some silicone sealant on the base of the stud prior to running the nut down. It will hold everything in place once cured and never be seen. I had to do this with a couple hood letters after the jack wagon at Superior Chrome in TX decided to grind down the mounting studs due to impurities left on them from not properly prepping them prior to re-plating.

Thanks Dako,hope I didn,t ruin your day but I did get a chuckle out the mistake.I found out they are a self tapping type nut from the factory so they do wear out

Had this problem with some emblem studs. I carefully added solder to the studs. Too much heat will melt the pot metal stud.(ask me how I know) You're not supposed to be able to solder pot metal, but it worked great for me. Minus the one emblem I screwed up!

Auto Transport Service
Back