• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 L code 4 speed project?

mopar6970

Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
Thinking about letting this go but have no idea what to ask for it. Its a real L code 4spd car and it still has the original block w/crank, trans, shifter, air cleaner and Dana 60. Engine was pulled in the 70s for a rebuild and was never put back together. It’s missing the heads, intake, carb, distributor, rods, pistons and radiator. Car has rust; Int floors, hood, trunk lid and lower body area. All frame rails look good. Car is rough but I think its to rare to part and should be saved. Ive been unable to find much in the way of L code cars for sale especially a 4spd car so any help would be appreciated.

9A6236DE-3CE3-4297-B858-85C4CAC4AED2.jpeg

DE7160BA-9D3D-43AE-96D7-CB6C4F1ADFC6.jpeg

687B3C5C-F29E-48DE-A0DF-96B8D99B60FD.jpeg

19AB4B89-C9F0-42C7-9803-EAE24FB2A377.jpeg

BB98B3A8-87B7-49EA-B192-1E36CE02606D.jpeg

FB45AC16-EDC9-42F9-B746-2D1B5AFFD9E8.jpeg

97DA3EE4-B3EB-40F8-96D5-112CCB9570FE.jpeg

F9C09598-186D-4581-9FC6-C4518BFCF517.jpeg

E4839801-2B54-4D0D-B81B-F9469ADBEFA0.jpeg

C2235CBA-2D56-4FAC-A7F8-7C21853675E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Very rare with a 440 4 speed, 132 made. Never see them for sale with a 4 speed. It has many of the hard to find pieces with it. Needs a lot and these are expensive to restore.

Sad to say this, it maybe worth more in parts.

They made 1355 (10 times as many) 67 Coronet R/T 440 4 speed cars and only a few of them come up for sale.

Last edited:
It's a fairly rare car, but sometimes you have to draw the line. Unless it's someone's ultimate goal in a car, it may not be worth it to properly restore.

I think it's well worth restoring. Putting a price on it though is another thing. It has to be high enough that some of the goodies don't get plucked for a later car. You find autos but not 4 speeds.

If I was a lot younger, and a few $$$ richer, I would be interested. As others have said, this is a very uncommon Charger. I notice that it has the early "recall" spoke steering wheel (Dec. 3, 1966 build date). I have seen a few on Coronets and Belvederes, but this is the first I have seen on a Charger. Other than the disassembled engine, it looks like a fairly complete project, right down to the Sport wheel discs. I have seen worse cars on here saved. If it was a '68-'70, there would be no question. Our '66 & '67 B-bodies don't get the respect they should. It would be a nice garage mate for my Daffodil Yellow '67 Coronet R/T, 440 automatic. I would hate to see it just parted out. I would guess $7,000 on the low side to $10,000 on the high. My $0.02.

Sorry to hijack, but just to clear this up. That steering woodgrain wheel was never recalled. And the wheel was not early. I have a 505 SPD GTX that has it on the window sticker, an ordered car. I bought it from the original owner. He said the disc brake prop valve was recalled, and that is on the 1967 recall list.

see list here:
1967 DODGE CORONET | NHTSA

I was thinking $10 K would be a good starting point for a price
If no interest you can always come down a little till it does sell

What's the deal with that spot on the rear of the pass quarter?

As mentioned 66 67 Chargers dont get alot of love, but I definatly dont want to see it get parted out. I would love to see it totally restored but its not something I have time for and other projects have priority. There cant be but a handful of 440/4spd cars left and I think its rare enough that someone would take the time and money and restore it.

I like it.

As mentioned 66 67 Chargers dont get alot of love, but I definatly dont want to see it get parted out. I would love to see it totally restored but its not something I have time for and other projects have priority. There cant be but a handful of 440/4spd cars left and I think its rare enough that someone would take the time and money and restore it.
There were 12 440 4 speeds registered in the registry that Jon Gibbs was running. 46 autos. This was about 3 years ago that I checked. Jon will still register your cars. I think I have seen at least another 15 or so 4 speeds on sites. This would mean about a 20% survival rate which I think is the highest rate of 440 Chargers in cars of more than 100 produced. I also think there would be a high percentage of auto’s as well.

Did they get the blue four speed with dealer AC that sold cheap on ebay last year?

Sorry to hijack, but just to clear this up. That steering woodgrain wheel was never recalled. And the wheel was not early. I have a 505 SPD GTX that has it on the window sticker, an ordered car. I bought it from the original owner. He said the disc brake prop valve was recalled, and that is on the 1967 recall list.

see list here:
1967 DODGE CORONET | NHTSA
Dont know to much about the steering wheel being early or late....its the only one Ive seen on a car.........I knew the original owner who ordered the car in Oct/Nov of 66 and the wheel came on it per him.

Did they get the blue four speed with dealer AC that sold cheap on ebay last year?
Was that the car that was missing the Dana? I started watching that auction but didnt see the end......what did it bid up too?

Auto Transport Service
Back