• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 vs. 70 Block & 440 heads

6pktgo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
I bought a C "67" 440, bored 60 over with domed pistons, cam & hydraulic lifters & crank in it. :toothy10: My questions are ,can i install a set of 70 "906" heads & what size ,length & hollow or not, push rods would be correct? :blob1: Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 181
yes you can install the heads and just call summitracing at 800-230-3030 and talk to a rep to get the pushrods you need. you will only need a 5/16" pushrod most likely, but since your pistons are domed, I am curious to see what camshaft is in it.. make sure you talk to the rep and let him/her know your cam specs in order to get the appropriate pushrod.

now that I think about it, make sure you are running the right springs that will coincide with the characteristics of the cam you have in the engine.

Thank You

Thank You, "RACEDODGE". I`m just going to piece this together without spending big big $$, for my boys car. I`m going to run this on this stand to give them lots of practice. Thanks Again. :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 167
Thank You, "RACEDODGE". I`m just going to piece this together without spending big big $$, for my boys car. I`m going to run this on this stand to give them lots of practice. Thanks Again. :headbang:

You got your work cut out for you if you're going to piece a car together out of that :rolling:

By the way, those are the old TRW / Speed Pro 11:1 pistons.

Still Laughing !!!!!!!

Way to go, "Meep-Meep" That`s Funny !!!!!!!!

I`m going to piece together a 70 Charger out of this.

Attachments

• DSC06539.JPG
    DSC06539.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 161
Way to go, "Meep-Meep" That`s Funny !!!!!!!!

I`m going to piece together a 70 Charger out of this.

That puts you way ahead of the game compared to the other one! Nice project.

Auto Transport Service
Back