• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68, 69, 70 Bulk head connectors wiring diff?

Racing4thefinish

Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
My charger came in boxes, I'm questioning which dash harness came in the box and car did not have an engine harness (orig 318), i believe it's original to the car best i can tell during my investigative disassembly. I'm upgrading several items so may not be critical (?), dakota digital dash, vintage air AC, electronic ignition, electronic VR. in my search for the engine harness what is the difference between the 2nd gen chargers bulk head fittings or wiring schemes?

i bought one from Mr. Moparts but didn't have the Electronic VR addition, also it was for 68-69, other list each year separate with different prices?

any help would be appreciated, thinking of sending this back and going with M&H from yearone along with the dual ballast resistor?

motor is 440 hp / 727 combo.

i guess i'll answer my own question in case anyone needs this information - see below:

Thank you for the inquiry. Please see below for answers to your questions.
A – if I do a custom harness do I need to go through Year One for my mopar? I don’t need oil pressure switch, or temp sending unit wire.

You will need to order the harnesses through Year One. If choose to modify, there would be extra costs for shipping to us and returning to you and modification time, once you received the harness form Year One.

B – what is the difference between 68 & 69? Different part numbers.

Some of the breakouts are in different locations and the lengths of the wires vary by an inch or two to some connections. The indexing of the main connector is the same.

C – if I buy the HU187XM for the 440 modified with Electronic Ignition and Electronic Alt upgrade – do I need a dual ballast resistor, and is the harness wired for that?

The harness is designed off of the 1972 model that included the dual ballast resistor Chrysler electronic iginition. If this is the electronic ignition you are using, then you will need the dual ballast resistor. If something different, call us at 562-926-9552 x205 for more details.

Best regards,
Darrin Grove

Customer Service
M&H Electric Fabricators
13537 Alondra Blvd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Auto Transport Service
Back