• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 b body 8 3/4 WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chryco69

Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a 68-70 b body 8 3/4 housing.

Thanks

66-67 will fit too and are usually only about 3/4" shorter over all. Gots a couple of those but shipping to Indiana would be high.

I thought I would never find one.

I have a b body 8 3/4 housing I'm in north East Tennessee
Pm me if your interested

66-67 will fit too and are usually only about 3/4" shorter over all. Gots a couple of those but shipping to Indiana would be high.

That would make a little more room for tire width to the outside wouldn't it Cranky? Any downside to using the 54 1/4" one in a 68-70 other than stock wheels would sit in a little further toward the springs and away from the wheel housing lip and the axles would be that much shorter

That would make a little more room for tire width to the outside wouldn't it Cranky? Any downside to using the 54 1/4" one in a 68-70 other than stock wheels would sit in a little further toward the springs and away from the wheel housing lip and the axles would be that much shorter
The biggest difference I've ever found between the 66-67 and the 68-70 was 3/4". Most were around 5/8" and I've found a couple that were 1/2" difference. It's not much and you would probably never notice the difference in the casual glance but could make a difference if you were needing an extra 1/4" or so to the outer fender lip.

All I have to say about this, is that shipping costs are a SOB!:angryfire:

lol

Are all 66-67 axles just a bit shorter or have you noticed this only with the 8 3/4? Like yall said that 5/8-1/2 inch would help out on some projects with a wider tire in the back.

The axle shafts are 11/32" shorter then the 68 up shafts

If you plan on putting a disc brake kit it will help offset the extra thickness of the rotor! When trying to get a max tire fit.

Its cheaper to just have one of the bagillion 8 3/4 housings I have cut down with new ends welded on, then pay the amount that people want for there 8 3/4 housing.

If you use Estes to ship the rear the price should not be to much.
I belive they just go by how much it weighs..
And if you could throw it on a palet so they can move it thats all they look for I belive.
I was going to use them to ship fenders, Doors and a header panel a few months back and I belive all of that would ship for $250.
I also herd that a guy shipped a complete slant six through fed ex ground freight from Michigan to Florida for $49 (Not sure if that is true or not but he said it took 2-4 weeks to get there.)
Just some thoughts and prices I have run into shipping things hope this helps. I have a E body rear to ship out if it ever sells and i will be using Estes I belive.
Hope this helps and good luck with your parts!
Justin

If you use Estes to ship the rear the price should not be to much.
I belive they just go by how much it weighs..
And if you could throw it on a palet so they can move it thats all they look for I belive.
I was going to use them to ship fenders, Doors and a header panel a few months back and I belive all of that would ship for $250.
I also herd that a guy shipped a complete slant six through fed ex ground freight from Michigan to Florida for $49 (Not sure if that is true or not but he said it took 2-4 weeks to get there.)
Just some thoughts and prices I have run into shipping things hope this helps. I have a E body rear to ship out if it ever sells and i will be using Estes I belive.
Hope this helps and good luck with your parts!
Justin

I have a FedEx acct and I'll be damned if I can ship that much weight for $49.00. And I get a discount on ground and express shipments. I recently got a quote from them on a 400 lb half pallet sized box and it was $1000.00 from CA to PA. Needless to say it didn't go!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I have a 69 B body 8.75" housing if you want to pay even more shipping from CA.

Its cheaper to just have one of the bagillion 8 3/4 housings I have cut down with new ends welded on, then pay the amount that people want for there 8 3/4 housing.

I have a bare 8 3/4 housing, perches are already cut off... Guy before me was going to move them for some other application.. $50+ shipping. If your going to hack it up, Im never gonna use it..

wouldn't see how shipping would be that much on a bare housing..

Thanks jburt! He hooked me up with a housing for $40 and was kind enough to show me his awesome car collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back