• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 B-Body Rear Sway Bar on a 71-72 B-Body with Offset Spring Hanger/Shackle Kit?

WaterBoy

Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
I'm in the process of using Doctor Diff's Offset Spring Hanger/Shackle Kit (moves the leafs in 1.25" per side) and a 2 7/8" more narrow rear 68-70 b-body axle to fit a set of 15x10 4.5 or 5"bs wheels and 295's. I was told that with this spring hanger/shackle kit if I wanted to run a sway bar I would have to use a 68-70 b-body rear sway bar kit. Can anyone confirm this?

I would ask Doctor Diff? Factory rear bars did not exist for 68-70 b-bodies which means you are looking at an aftermarket kit no matter what. There used to be a company called SuperTuff Performance, and they made a 68-70 version of the 71-74 b/e bar. I don't think they sell to the public anymore, they were a direct vendor to year one but the company may have folded, haven't kept tabs on them. Firm Feel may offer the same thing.

From the sounds of your setup you don't need a rear bar anyway or you are expecting the world from an almost 60 year old chassis design?

Auto Transport Service
Back