• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 Convertible Rear Interior Panel Screws

Chris Many

Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
Hi there convertible owners, I am looking for a picture to help me identify the hardware that holds the rear metal panel to the rear interior side panels on my 70 Satellite conv. The metal panel itself is screwed to the body with black Phillip screws with integrated washers, like console screws, but the top corners are something different. Not really sure what the hardware really is. I'm not even sure what goes on the underside to hold the screws in either.

rear convet pane lbottom.jpg

rear convet panel.jpg

I'm not sure what was original, but they screw right into the plastic of the rear/side interior panels, no nuts or anything

Fje
Hi there convertible owners, I am looking for a picture to help me identify the hardware that holds the rear metal panel to the rear interior side panels on my 70 Satellite conv. The metal panel itself is screwed to the body with black Phillip screws with integrated washers, like console screws, but the top corners are something different. Not really sure what the hardware really is. I'm not even sure what goes on the underside to hold the screws in either.

View attachment 1426430
The screws I've seen used that go through the plastic panel as shown in your picture have a cupped countersink washer on them so the don't pull through the plastic.

Auto Transport Service
Back