• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 and 69 front speaker mounting locations

68rrdream

Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
Just curious, what options are there besides the stock dash speaker to mount speakers in the front? For a driver, not a show car. Kick panels don't look like an option due to the E brake. Are the doors an option? If so what size will work? Thanks guys!

You would have to cut the inner door structure to mount them there. Kind of a shame to ruin a good door for speakers imo. It is tight, but a guy can get 2 - 4 inch speakers where the stock 4x10 fash speaker is now. Lately, I have been using 2 - 3.5" instead because it is much easier to get clearance. Those and a couple of 6x9's in the rear package tray work for me.

You would have to cut the inner door structure to mount them there. Kind of a shame to ruin a good door for speakers imo. It is tight, but a guy can get 2 - 4 inch speakers where the stock 4x10 fash speaker is now. Lately, I have been using 2 - 3.5" instead because it is much easier to get clearance. Those and a couple of 6x9's in the rear package tray work for me.
Oh ok. I thought there was a hole around that area. I've seen pics of cars with what looks like 5 1/4 speakers there.
I saw one guy post a pic on a forum of kick pods but he only posted the passenger side. I would think the e-brake pedal makes it impossible.

The best place for speakers are at the top of the dash . it came this way with the am 8-track option. Sounds fantastic! Although this would be the most difficult and the oem speaker grills are expensive if you can find a pair. Other options could be under the dash pointing towards the floor. Or maybe behind the headliner?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back