• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 b body fuel tank hardware

dodge68charger

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I have two brand new straps to Hold my fuel tank in place but no mounting hardware. Does any company sell just the mounting hardware for the straps to mount to the body. I think they're j - studs. Thanks

there are 2 notches that are in front of the tank that the straps twist into and notched in place.You'll be able to see it once you're under the car.

there are 2 notches that are in front of the tank that the straps twist into and notched in place.You'll be able to see it once you're under the car.

Yup...right in the rear crossmember.

For the front side of the tank, you'll need the J-Bolts (2 total). They drop into two support mounts that are spot welded to the bottom side of your trunk pan where it starts to arch up for the rear axle (aft of the rear axle). Those bolts run through the two straps and tighten up with lock nuts. Like mentioned, on the other end the straps slide through a notch in your rear crossmember and swing down to secure in place.

Good luck

Where in Vancouver are you? I have an extra set of J studs for my '70 tank straps, they're likely the same part.

-=Photon440=-

Auto Transport Service
Back