• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Belverunnerlite!

Did you buy that car off Ebay? I seem to remember that car being for sale on the Bay about a year or more ago...

Yeah, absolutely Cragar S/S! I know I can get away with 15x10's out back, but the backspacing is a bit of an issue. Most 15x10 S/S wheels are 4.25 inch backspacing, which WILL work, but I can't help thinking 5 inches would be better. Of course, that means brand new, custom drop ship rims. I would certainly prefer to buy used!

You guys would poop if I told everyone what I paid for this thing, by the way...I did VERY good!

I'm constipated, so tell me, and out of my back yard.:D
Nice car!

Okay, since you MUST know...

I paid 4500 for the car, and 400 bucks for the motor and trans.

:)

This IS in fact the one you saw on Ebay. The story on this car is, the guy who owned it for quite some time finally decided to do a balls out, bucks up resto on it. Pulled it all apart, labeled everything, yada yada yada. The body work and the paint must have set the guy back a ton, but just as the vinyl top was getting installed, the guy got laid off, and a week later he broke his leg. He sold it in a panic to a guy named Vince who owns a place called Muscle Car Pit Stop, in Beaver Falls. I can only imagine what Vince must have paid for the car. At any rate, the car ended up just gathering dust in Vince's building for maybe 6 or 8 months. He realized by then he was never going to get around to it, seeing as he had (when I counted) 2 Challengers, 11 (eleven!) Cudas, a bunch of Road Runners and Super Bees, a Charger, a 69 Daytona, and a whole bunch of other insane stuff. It sold on Ebay twice to deadbeat bidders. I came along, made a silly offer, and Vince was so glad to finally be dealing with someone that was for real that he took my offer. A month later, I made the trip up to Beaver Falls with an enclosed trailer and took possession. It was then that I found the car has a 3:23 Sure Grip in it. Happy day! The whole experience was amazing Muscle Car Pit Stop is an incredible operation, and Vince even took me out for breakfast after we got the car all loaded up.

He also threw in a pair of 68 bucket seats (need recovered and seat tracks). I wish I had taken the high-back early 70's ones instead. Oh well.

Here's some more slutty pictures...

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

Almost done!

It's getting close now. The vinyl top is gone, and the new wheels and tires are on. Lots of tweaking and fine tuning to do, plus a BILLION little things in the interior. All the glass is in as of this weekend, and I've started driving it to work. Thumbs up and waves from everyone. A little kid fell off his bike when he saw it yesterday.

Still, there is more to be done. The squeaks and rattles and vibrations are driving me crazy. And it feels floaty in the front end. As if the power steering is WAY overkill for the application. It's all stock, and all brand new stuff. Oh well, lots of fine tuning to go!

It's funny...everyone sees it and loves it, but all I see are the flaws. Part of me wishes I could just rip it all back down to bare metal and do it all over. I can actually see that happening in ten years time. I think it presents reasonably well, and makes for an awesome 10 or 20 footer. At least I won't be afraid to drive the snot out of it!

Attachments

• Media CardBlackBerrypicturesIMG00300.jpg
    Media CardBlackBerrypicturesIMG00300.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 117
Great car keep us posted & welcome to the FBBO forum...

Nice score on the car. Hoping mine will end up looking that good.

Good storey.Cool ride:glasses2::glasses2:.You one lucky SOB.and welcome to the site.

Auto Transport Service
Back