• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger 383 Fuel Line / Throttle Return Spring

The Rebel

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, in my quest to make the engine bay more OEM correct need info on the 2 items.

1. Does anyone make an OEM pump to carb line that will bolt onto my Edlebrock carb 1411? Was looking at inline tubes site as well as Edlebrock but didn't see anything, unless I missed it.

2. Looking to see if I'm able to reposition the throttle return spring onto the linkage with the
correct spring (green with orange stripe) rather than the way it's currently mounted.
20210105_190130.jpg
20210105_190152.jpg
20210105_190201.jpg
20210105_190306.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! What has me confused is it looks like the spring has to connect to the carb like it is on my style carb to activate the secondary's vs. the cable.

Also can you post a close up picture of the yellow spring. I want to see the red so I can find a paint that matches.

Last edited:
Talked to Inline tube today, their fitting is 1/2-20. They suggested the below line, which I'll get.

Also reached out to Edlebrock to see what size the inline area is so I can look for an inverted adapter.

Capture.PNG

A fellow member here has saved the day by educating me on the carb styles. Edlebrocks are basically a Carter, as Edlebrock bought the molds. How Carburetors Work - Carbin' It Easy (hotrod.com)

Looking at my BS it left the factory with a AVS-4401S

So based on that info the Holly application does not work.

Also why does my carb say Weber on it?

This is the one I'll need.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Weber owned Carter for many years.

Hey guys, if you could post some pic's of the pump to carb line off your cars I'd appreciate it.

So I placed the order with Dr diff. They said their lines are custom bent by RSD. 3 weeks due to short staff. How is their quality. Now thinking I should have ordered thru in line tubes.

My track record with In Line Tube has not been great, but I also realize I'm in the minority on that opinion in this forum. I had 6 weeks of delays due to In Line sending the wrong items.

Got my fuel line today from Dr. Diff / RSD. As I have a Edlebrock carb 1411s I ordered the AVS line but they sent me an AFB line. What if any difference are there between an AFB vs. AVS line?
20210121_174736.jpg
20210121_174801.jpg

Hey Rebel, how did that fuel line work out with your carb? I am in the exact same position, other than the engine being a 440, but this thread left me hanging?!?

Auto Transport Service
Back