• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Pro Touring Project

Wyo3006

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
Good day all. Have started a 68 Charger pro touring build and reaching out to others. Who have been down this road and hoping to learn from your experience. Looking for any suggestions. Or ideas any one might have and what not to do. Would love to see any pics of anybody's projects. or a site that shows charger pro touring builds. Any help with places to look for parts. I'm currently on the hunt for headlight bezels and grill hardware kit. Have struck out so far on the items. any feedback, good or otherwise, is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Bill (wyo3006)

Car Pic 1.jpg

Car Pic 3.jpg

Its a father son project. We plan on just enjoying it and take it to local shows and cruses
Cool and thats awesome but what I was referring to is what are you plans for the build, engine, trans, suspension, brakes, etc.? You are saying "restomod" which is a bit of a loose term.

Cool and thats awesome but what I was referring to is what are you plans for the build, engine, trans, suspension, brakes, etc.? You are saying "restomod" which is a bit of a loose term.
gotcha, pro-charged 440, auto trans with gear vendor overdrive. coil over suspension, disc brakes, front end was custom built for car, will have power steering & brakes. Will have air conditioning also. Ford 9" rear end. No longer a unibody. Frame built for car. Maintaining basic 68 look, no hood scoops or fender flairs. Car will be black, with white 68 stripe. Hope this gives you a better idea. What were doing. If you would like to know anything else. Please let me know. Thanks for taking he time to respond

Pictures please front suspension, rear , engine bay. Work and progress is always helpful and wanted here.

There are a few others here on this section doing the same as you. Slowfab, 1970rt,

gotcha, pro-charged 440, auto trans with gear vendor overdrive. coil over suspension, disc brakes, front end was custom built for car, will have power steering & brakes. Will have air conditioning also. Ford 9" rear end. No longer a unibody. Frame built for car. Maintaining basic 68 look, no hood scoops or fender flairs. Car will be black, with white 68 stripe. Hope this gives you a better idea. What were doing. If you would like to know anything else. Please let me know. Thanks for taking he time to respond
Sounds like you have a solid plan, it should be an awesome car when done.

Auto Transport Service
Back