• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger return line leaking

Sajc

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought 68 Dodge Charger and noticed a leak under a car and saw that the return line is leaking any idea with what to " seal " it again or should I just tighten the screw ?

Thank you,

Leon

68charger.png

Vacuum caps are not compatible with fuel, mine did the same thing so I capped it with a piece of fuel line, a 1/4” bolt and a couple of hose clamps. It hasn’t leaked since…

Or do they make a sending unit without the return line? I’m just curious because I’m gonna need to replace mine soon.

It appears to me that the rubber cap has a large crack in it with a ty wrap, not a screw. On another note, someone has been tinkering with that one before. That send unit has a 3/8 fuel outlet port with a 1/4" return port. If your car doesn't have the 1/4" return line, it would have came with a 5/16" outlet port and no return port. If your gauge is reading ok, I would do something like Black Sheep mentioned. If it needs replacing, just get one with a 5/16" port.

Auto Transport Service
Back