• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger trunk floor replacement.

Dragonlines

Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
1968 Charger. May be on here somewhere but haven't found it. Can you get a full trunk floor replacement in from the side with the lower quarter removed. Will be using quarter skins so tops will remain on the car and the taillight panel will also remain in place. Would prefer to use the one piece floor just can't tell if I can before I cut things apart.

No more than hit post and found the answer in another thread. Looks like I can if the rear valance is removed which I need to do anyway.

1686707984643.jpeg

I found the lip on the rear of the pan to be 1/4” too far forward. I flattened it and bent a new one.

Just something to watch for. AMD pan

IMG_0329.jpeg
IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

Ok good to know. I'm not a body man so have spent a lot of time reading and while everyone believes AMD is the best and good quality everything needs tweaking.

Measurements from orginal pan placement is your best friend.

1968 Charger. May be on here somewhere but haven't found it. Can you get a full trunk floor replacement in from the side with the lower quarter removed. Will be using quarter skins so tops will remain on the car and the taillight panel will also remain in place. Would prefer to use the one piece floor just can't tell if I can before I cut things apart.
I am currently replacing my trunk floor (68 Super Bee). I did a split trunk, mostly because my tail light panel is in place…..and couldn’t see squeezing the whole trunk in anyway possible, with the rear panel in place. Half trunk floors were definitively more welding, but I thought was the only option……hope that helps, good luck! And Happy Welding!!

image.jpg

I am currently replacing my trunk floor (68 Super Bee). I did a split trunk, mostly because my tail light panel is in place…..and couldn’t see squeezing the whole trunk in anyway possible, with the rear panel in place. Half trunk floors were definitively more welding, but I thought was the only option……hope that helps, good luck! And Happy Welding!!

View attachment 1479647
……not to mention the amount of times the floor was in & out, for the bend here and the bend there……and to mark and prep weld holes…..ugh, too easy with trunk halves ….

Thread revived! Which way did you end up going? Halves or whole under the tail panel?

Haven't got to it yet still working on the front floor pans. Decided I need an under seat pan too so working front to back. If I'm lucky and don't have a stroke hope to get to the trunk before spring. If at all possible I will go with the one piece floor but won't make the decision until I get some of the back half cut off.

Auto Transport Service
Back