• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet R/T won't turn over

ike9659

Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
My 68 Coronet R/T won't turn over or start. The car is pretty much a stock R/T 440 w/automatic, key on the oil pressure light comes on as well as all interior lights, battery is full charge, turn key and nothing... no bump, tick, nothing and the lights don't dim! Someone probably knows the one or two items to check but haven't had the car long and has never given a minutes trouble. All wiring is in visibly great shape w/clean connections and no corrosion. HELP

It would be smart to make sure battery connections are good. Low amp lights don't really mean much. I had that problem and had to take off neg. cable and reinstall on battery and that was my problem. Start with easy fixes first, you may be rewarded without tearing your car apart.

Move the shifter lever slowly from P to D while the key is turned to start and see if it cranks. Have your foot on the brake it may start in gear if misadjusted. And it may never get into park far enough to start there so try in R N and D. then check wires on starter relay and NSS.

Last edited:
Make sure its fully into park. Make sure all of the wires are connected at the starter relay. Make sure the plug is on the neutral safety switch on the transmission.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back