• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 coronet rt vert

I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression with my previous post. The '68 Coronet R/T is probably my favorite Mopar. And this one appears to be a beauty! If it checks out as good as it looks I think 40K would be a bargain. Having said that, I'm careful when it comes to buying cars.
I realize it's not numbers matching, and the hood isn't correct for a '68 R/T, but if the restoration work is top notch and the car belonged to me I'd be asking considerably more than 40K for it!

if he's at 40k...I highly doubt you'd get it for 30k. BUT each seller is different. I've been $500 apart and deals weren't done...and I've been $4,000.00 under ask with all the cash in hand, and made deals. Good luck...and be prepared to walk away if it's above your price point.

Thanks guys
you have all been very helpful and I do appreciate the info.
Even not knowing Mopar's well at all I still have a decent knowledge of classic cars and the car itself is well worth what he's asking as far as a car of that status and it's overall condition is probably a solid 8 except for the non original items but they are done very tastefully. Unfortunately the weather is not cooperating to test drive the car for another week or two but I will start negotiations at this point.
Thanks again guys!

Engine pics
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 215
Car would go for well over 40 at one of the bigger auctions.

Add in the commission & fee's and you looking at over $47,000.00 She might bring that much, but I'm thinking that's top dollar.

Guys, where the hell is the trim tag on this car??? I can not locate it.

Hello guys, I'm new here and new to the molar world as well.
The car I'm looking at buying is the 68 coronet rt convertible triple black and it's had a full frame off resto and is laser straight. Only thing not original is the 440 (it's from a 69 with a 6pack) car runs and looks amazing, my problem is that I have no idea what is a good price to pay for this car. I have looked at eBay, Hemings, and any other online source to get a rough idea but prices do not seem to be consistent. Any advice and or info would be so appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
Chris

If it is clean and rust free under the car, and no other issues then Buy it! You could not build one for the $40,000 asking price.
The VIN WS27L8G is a Coronet R/T Convertible 440 cid engine car. The same VIN should be stamped in the radiator core support, and also on the car title.

I would not wait too long, I think it will sell quickly?

it would be on the driver side inner fender..just above the battery. also the radiator support (inside facing radiator) should have last few of the vin, and the trunk line under the weatherstrip on driver side.
Guys, where the hell is the trim tag on this car??? I can not locate it.

it would be on the driver side inner fender..just above the battery. also the radiator support (inside facing radiator) should have last few of the vin, and the trunk line under the weatherstrip on driver side.

Yes tag is by battery but in 1968 the order# from the tag is what would be stamped on the radiator support not the Vin.
To you question on hood you have a 69 style Ramcharger Hood on there. Optional on 69 R/T and standard on 69 Hemi, not available for 68 just a bulge hood for 68 as others have already posted for you.

Ron

So I just ran into another problem, seems to be there is no trim tag anywhere in the engine bay I spoke to the guy that did all the bodywork to restore the car and said there was never one on the car. Now what?

I would say since the car has been restored it probably does not have an original build sheet found typically under the back seat. But worth a look anyway just in case.

IMHO I wouldn't spend $40k on a car w no documentation

found this number stamped on radiator support, "107183"
it has absolutely no resemblance to the vin, is thi a part number or can it be one of the stamped numbers im looking for to help figure this car out?

if it were me I'd try to talk him down some but I'd be all over it! but that's just me

Auto Transport Service
Back