• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 dart gts for sale ****not mine.

The problem with that car is that after you pay the purchase price, you'll have to put another 50 grand into it and in the end you'll have a car that's worth 40 grand. I'm sure that's what the seller has come to realize.

That's a lot of coin for something that needs a lot of work, and end up being worth 2/3 of bugger all.

Just my opinion of course. :lol:

If a buyer can do all the work including body and paint they can have a real nice car for a reasonable cash outlay on the car. Body and paint costs have just gotten too high for taking on something like that with the intention of farming out all the work and staying above water.

Fix the channel, put a window in it, paint match the top (maybe the quarter patch)...drive as is.

Last edited:
Here's the weird kind of **** I think about-

Maybe leave the quarter patch black, but use the left over paint from the roof to make a green tail stripe from the weld line down.
(and of course make sure the black stripe is on the rest of the car)

Things that make ya go "huh?"

From the pics it looks like a good fun car, but he wasn't showing any of the problematic areas, so unless you spend some money on a plane ticket and go get eyes and hands on it, it's a crap shoot.
I've always liked the 68 Dart body style, add a 4 speed and a hot little small block.... pretty sweet. If the sheet metal is relatively solid needing small patches, then the asking price isn't too far off in my opinion. Negotiating face to face with cash in hand is always the best. Could possibly haggle on that price a little depending on the actual shape of the car.

Last edited:
The problem with that car is that after you pay the purchase price, you'll have to put another 50 grand into it and in the end you'll have a car that's worth 40 grand. I'm sure that's what the seller has come to realize.
That's the problem with all of these cars, in general.

Yep, fix the back window, a little cosmetic touch up paint, and back on the road!

Reminds me of the 1968 Dart GT I bought in 2010, I didn't know the difference between the GT and the GTS, just that the prices were waaaay different. Bought it for $800 (273/904/7 1/4). It had been sitting for 20 years but was 99% rust free, but left fender dented and right quarter creased. Roof still had factory gray primer showing, cab floor looked close to same as when it left the factory, trunk floor flawless! The only rust was a small patch behind the right rear wheel. The car cleaned up pretty good with a 0000 steel wool car wash. Had body work and paint done at a shop in the Spanish speaking district for $3,000. Put the 440 engine/trans/rear from my '70 Charger (in process of resto) in it, and drove it around for a while. Not a true resto, but fixed up to be a nice driver.

It was a fun car, but turns out I don't like driving small cars, got bored with it, and put it on eBay no reserve sometime in 2016. Sold for a little over $14K. I think if it was a GTS it would've went for mid 20's at least. People put too much value on that "S" in GTS.

DSCN0294.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG

"GT" basically means it came with bucket seats. Plenty of six cyl GT's sold.

"GTS" means it had "at least" a 340 4 barrel engine.

That red one above is at least a V8 and with AC.

Have to put 50k in to it....

To appease the other matching color golf shirt/ kaki shorts Nike shoes guys? :rofl:

The engine is advertised as rebuilt, the interior is not bad in pics but could use a clean up, looks like a new headliner went in courtesy lights still hanging.
Appears the fuel gauge is registering that's a plus, lol.
Bumpers look decent as does the grille.
Everything is driver / day two style, condition.
The big if..... is the underside, frames , pans, cross members ,ect.
Iron out the body, single stage at home F8 poly the girl and go have fun.
Hell the engine bay is still green !
I'm trying not to call this guy. That car is only 3hrs from me.

Fix the channel, put a window in it, paint match the top (maybe the quarter patch)...drive as is.
The biggest problem is that sellers typically show the 'good' in any vehicle....they don't get too involved in the nasty areas.

I'll bet there are more surprises once you get eyeballs on that car.

The biggest problem is that sellers typically show the 'good' in any vehicle....they don't get too involved in the nasty areas.

I'll bet there are more surprises once you get eyeballs on that car.
50+ year old cars are like a bo'x uh choc-olates...

Auto Transport Service
Back