• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 68 or 69 gtx/rr hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

///Matt

Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
looking for either a 68 or 69 gtx/rr hood, such as the one pictured.

Should have no rust, color doesn’t matter.

I have lots of stuff for possible trades. Let me know your cash price to 78132, or what you need in trade.

25F4EE4C-6DDB-42B4-9597-EB896A7FEC2B.jpeg

You know that the two are different - right? The 1969 hood is cutout under the scoops and the 1968 isn’t. The two will fit either year, but if you are going for originality, then it’s either one or the other.

Good luck!

No originality here, car’s not numbers-matched or all original already, and will likely get less-so.

Is there much external difference betweeen them? And does the 69 have increased hood-to-cleaner clearance if not using thr airgrabber ducting?

Still seeking a hood! i will drive a fair distance from Austin TX to pick up the right one.

Early 68 and late 68,69 have different latch styles and locations fwiw.

No originality here, car’s not numbers-matched or all original already, and will likely get less-so.

Is there much external difference betweeen them? And does the 69 have increased hood-to-cleaner clearance if not using thr airgrabber ducting?
No.

Early 68 and late 68,69 have different latch styles and locations fwiw.

Yeah, so i’ve read. I happen to have a ‘69 parts car with a great front end sitting in the yard, so if I got a 69 hood I can scavenge all the latch needs.

Yeah, so i’ve read. I happen to have a ‘69 parts car with a great front end sitting in the yard, so if I got a 69 hood I can scavenge all the latch needs.
As long as you are building a 69. 68 grill and grill support are different also.

As long as you are building a 69. 68 grill and grill support are different also.
Have all the parts, and she’s far from numbers as is, so figured I can just make a ‘69 grill

I have a 1969 N96 hood you can have. No rust, some repair on the corners from poor storage. Issue is there are dents in the hood from stuff being stored on it for 10 years and I didn't want to deal with it. I have a 6 pack hood on it now. Plus it has cutouts for hood pins.
20170617_114737.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back