• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND '68 Plymouth Belv-Sat-RR Crossbar/Upper Grill Support/Hood Latch Header Panel/Tie Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanhead

May I Land My Kinky Machine
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
..Depending on who you talk to determines the name...The FSM calls it the "upper cross bar".
It's the "T"-shaped piece that the hood latch spring and grill mount to.
Thanks

20220812_155747 (2).jpg

is 68 and 69 different? I have one from a 69
Yeah, the '69 is shaped a little different at the top, which makes the grilles non-interchangeable between those years.
Thanks anyway Randy!

Actually 68 1/2 is different. They moved the latch mechanism over just enough to not be compatible.

Actually 68 1/2 is different. They moved the latch mechanism over just enough to not be compatible.
I've seen that, but I use a 'glass hood with pins so that doesn't matter in my particular application. I just need any '68 piece so my grille/HL bezel assembly will bolt on with no drama.
Thanks for the input though, always appreciated.

I should have one, but methinks shipping to the left coast is gonna be salty.

Drill the spotwelds out of the T so the parts can be shipped flat. I shipped one from NY to Florida a few weeks back and it was too bad - USPS.

I should have one, but methinks shipping to the left coast is gonna be salty.
Okay thanks, let me know...

Drill the spotwelds out of the T so the parts can be shipped flat. I shipped one from NY to Florida a few weeks back and it was too bad - USPS.
That's an acceptable option too, if someone's willing to do it...Thanks for the idea.
It depends on how much more it is to ship. If need be I'll put it back together!

Last edited:
There were only three very accessible spot welds.

I have this one and the vertical piece not shown

7EA3DEE3-62A2-478E-B3EC-50D4CB08A676.jpeg

Yep that's a '69 piece, thank you though!

I found this picture on FBBO of the '68 piece--
1968 Latch Support.jpg

So.."5wndw" came through like a wrecking ball!!
Got the part today, along with some "extras":)....he deserves a big shout out for all the checking, picture taking, and leg work that he put in to get this thing packaged up (VERY nicely I might add) and sent my way.
Thanks @5wndwcpe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back