• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 68 Rallye cluster with gauges/bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungGun87

Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Decided not to hack up my original standard dash and will be going with Dakota Digital in the future for gauges so my Rallye's with the clock are up for sale. Haven't checked if anything is working. The two prongs all the way to the left have come loose on the back and will need to be re-soldered. Will need a dome switch and lights switch (wiper switch in wrong spot). There's a small crack in the lens that just is visible on the mph hole. I'm guessing someone in the past drilled a hole for a toggle switch at some point in the pop out panel. All the white lettering looks fairly decent still and would probably look better with a new/cleaned lens. I'd like to get $350 obro+shipping. 31750 zip. PayPal through Family and Friends is fine. 31750 zip.
20220302_135438.jpg
20220302_135449.jpg
20220302_135502.jpg
20220302_135512.jpg
20220302_135522.jpg
20220302_135606.jpg
20220302_135627.jpg
20220302_135751.jpg
20220302_135837.jpg

Last edited:
Only 68 has the vertical groove pattern. I've worked on both.
Ah, that's good to know. I'm hoping my price isn't out of line for what it is, condition, etc. I want to give people a fair deal without cutting my own throat too. This is one I've seen on ebay and it's pretty rough and probably why it's still on there lol
rgc.png

Ebay's pricing is all over the place, and they are always more than market value to pay expenses when using their services. However, there is some good deals to be had. Either way, nice piece and good luck with the sale.

Cheers!
Yea, I try to steer clear from there unless it's a last resort sort of thing or too good to pass up kind of deal. I'm also negotiable on the price on just about everything I'll be listing here, someone just shoot me a fair offer and I'm game. Appreciate it.

You’ll love the Dakota gauges! Just installed a set of the RTX version, so sweet.
Whew, just looked that model up and they are not playing around. Barely talked my dad into getting the VHX model after our engine & trans bill is out of the way lol!
That OEM look on that RTX is pretty badass though. I'm definitely going to have to sell some more extra parts, which I've got about 3 and half sets of R/T tail lights I still got to clean and list so that should help ease the pain a little. Baby Jesus help me, what have I got myself into.

Many here I suspect have asked the same thing....:)

What are R/T tail lights?
lol I knew it was going to be a journey but wasn't thinking oregon trail journey :rofl:
sorry, didn't specify (I've been wrong many times already) but they look just like this one in the pic
rttl.png

Thanks, fixed. I see so many different listings out there it's hard to tell.

I could be wrong, I assumed you were talking about Chargers. If they used that pattern in other years I'm not familiar with that.

lol I knew it was going to be a journey but wasn't thinking oregon trail journey :rofl:

The stories I'm sure members could tell. I've got a few of my own. You have to be in love with these cars and nuts. :realcrazy::screwy::realcrazy:

I could be wrong, I assumed you were talking about Chargers. If they used that pattern in other years I'm not familiar with that.
The stories I'm sure members could tell. I've got a few of my own. You have to be in love with these cars and nuts. :realcrazy::screwy::realcrazy:

Yea, I'm pretty much learning as I go. I was brought up on GM's and like the ease of building those, had a '72 Nova gifted to me at 15 that I was forced to sell and we just sold a '72 Camaro we built, but the body lines and styling on these Mopars...those guys sure nailed it back in the day so when I ran across this '68 Coronet 440 I just picked up, I had to get it and especially for the deal I got. It would have been crazy to pass up. I may also be a little nuts too lmao. All these parts I'm listing are the ones I won't be using on the build and came with the car. All I know is that they were going to be put in this Coronet so I'm still figuring out what the parts came out of/from. It's a learning process for sure but without learning there can be no growth.

I was brought up on GM's

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

the ease of building those,

No challenge, Mopars are not for the faint of heart, quitters, or people with no passion. The more I learn about Dodge, the more I love them. You will find that your Mopar will look out of place among other makes and I mean that in a good way.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No challenge, Mopars are not for the faint of heart, quitters, or people with no passion. The more I learn about Dodge, the more I love them. You will find that your Mopar will look out of place among other makes and I mean that in a good way.
Absolutely. The harder I work on something, the more appreciation I have for it when it's completed. It felt like it was time for a challenge also as that Camaro kind of felt like a copy/paste seeing as so many people have them even though I added a little of my own style to it. Rareness is what draws me in these days honestly.

When Dodge/Chrysler put their heart in to it, their designers couldn't be matched. Maybe it was a result of having to try harder when up agains the giant of GM, I tend to think it came from somewhere else. The current muscle cars from Dodge have eclipsed Ford and GM. They have a heritage of performance as well. If you haven't seen them, watch video of the Ram Chargers and how that got started.
If you haven't seen the 1G Charger instrument cluster you need to, a masterpiece of industrial art in the daytime and ingenious electroluminescent paint glows at night - no one else did anything like that. That interior is also a work of art. As much as I love the 2G 69, those features on the 1G are remarkable.
I don't have much to say about Camaros, doesn't do anything for me. I thought at one point they were similar to the E body Barracuda until I was parked next to one in mine. I was at a cruise in and had walked around the parking lot and came back and saw those two body styles next to each other...night and day.

A friendly heads up...... That's a wiper switch in the headlight switch opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back