• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 wiring, harness route

ywca

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody have any pictures of the wiring harness routing behind the dash with a four speed. After the rotisserie the person that took everything apart ,[nephew.} moved to Nova Scotia, he didn’t take any pictures. thanks, Perry.

They are actually pretty easy. There is a clip or two from the firewall going twards the dash. The fuse box is in the glove compartment? Most everything ends up right where it should be. Wiring diagram can help.

Thanks B. I have a new complete American auto wire system going in it. I’ve run the wires to the back, hooked up all the lights, and the wires that go to the fuel tank. And domelight. Now I have a clump of wires right at the kick panel but now I have to see how they’re routed over the peddles . Nothing is taped up, the wires are all loose. I have just purchased the proper tape to wrap the wires up properly, but I still need a picture of how they are routed

Wiring is all the same stick or auto. It lays in the U-brackets along the dash frame.

100_0442.JPG

Sorry, must have missed that you aren't using factory reproduction harnesses. I don't do the aftermarket harnesses. I think that the B-body dome light wires go to the driver's side and then forward and down through the a pillar frame.
Good luck with all that! You'll get it.

Thanks, B, I don’t think it matters whether it’s repo wires or factory they all have the same wires and they all have to go to their specific spot. The only couple of differences is that I have to cut the wires to length and put the electrical connecters on it, and I need to put the proper tape on each section of the wires going to their specific spot. I need to get wires from the kick panel up over the bracket for the peddle to the main harness. I am working from the back of the car to the front.

IMG_4475.jpeg

IMG_4474.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back