• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 69 383 Air Cleaner/Grabber

Status
Not open for further replies.

needacheaperhob

Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Looking for an original air cleaner/grabber (black base and orange lid) for a 383 4 barrel.for my 69 Roadrunner.

Thank you.

Welcome aboard Needacheaperhob… Save money where you can, New units are available. :thumbsup:

Air Grabber - Air Cleaners

IMG_5554.png

^^^^ without even crossing the border! That said, let me check my shelves this afternoon and see if I have any spares. Can't remember what I have in boxes..

PG is on BACKORDER though... line up for production run.

Last edited:
Another guy just posted one for sale for $750 about 4-5 posts before yours

I probably shouldn't sell it the way I've been picking up cars, but willing to help out another lad from the Valley. Fully refurbished heavy OE assembly ready for installation. It's actually nicer than the one on my Bee. Has two tiny paint chips and the wing nuts are obviously incorrect. I picked this up almost 5 years back and have $750 CDN tied up in it and will sell it for same + shipping. Send me a PM if interested!
20231217_140554.jpg
20231217_140612.jpg
20231217_140623.jpg
20231217_140654.jpg
20231217_140701.jpg
20231217_140727.jpg
20231217_140803.jpg
20231217_140829.jpg
20231217_140920.jpg

I probably shouldn't sell it the way I've been picking up cars, but willing to help out another lad from the Valley. Fully refurbished heavy OE assembly ready for installation. It's actually nicer than the one on my Bee. Has two tiny paint chips and the wing nuts are obviously incorrect. I picked this up almost 5 years back and have $750 CDN tied up in it and will sell it for same + shipping. Send me a PM if interested!
View attachment 1574595View attachment 1574596View attachment 1574597View attachment 1574598View attachment 1574599View attachment 1574600View attachment 1574601View attachment 1574602View attachment 1574603
I would be so grateful! Oh wow, I'm seriously beyond thankful. I truly mean that. I owe you one for sure.

This is an original though Not a repro?

I live in Ottawa ( I'm not one of those rich gov't workers...lol)

Would you prefer I pay by Paypal or Emt? I'll gladly cover whatever you think shipping costs and packaging will cost.

I would be thrilled with this....thank you so much again.

Way too heavy for a repro... I've been around these for 54 years now....

LOL, I'm originally from Sin City (Smiths Falls). Replying to your PM..
Thats great, small world...lol. Glad I ran into someone with all this experience.

I was finally able to purchase my dream car, a long wait but the air cleaner was missing (regular round/pie tin on it) but the N96 grabber system is on the car so I've been trying to pick one up.

Way too heavy for a repro... I've been around these for 54 years now....

LOL, I'm originally from Sin City (Smiths Falls). Replying to your PM..
One dead give away of it being an original base is the bracket across the carb throat is spot welded NOT stitched welded...

One dead give away of it being an original base is the bracket across the carb throat is spot welded NOT stitched welded...
Thats great info, I'll need to ask a lot of questions on this site and make use of all the knowledge.

I have a very Nice 1969 Air Cleaner with all the original paint still on it and presentable
with the "Coyote Duster" decal still intact on it. It has been in the
shop for 50 years.

This is a true 1969 Roadrunner Unit = the 1970 is a Different bottom as I seem to recall.

But I want $650 for it as it is a nice piece. That is for top and bottom.

I have a very Nice 1969 Air Cleaner with all the original paint still on it and presentable
shop for 50 years.

This is a true 1969 Roadrunner Unit = the 1970 is a Different bottom as I seem to recall.

'70 is a totally different air cleaner as it's a different top and bottom

shop for 50 years.

I actually just purchased the one from Dadsbeep. I appreciate you reaching out. I'm sure someone else is looking for one, especially in original shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back