• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 A12 Bee won't start

I got my a12 from a friend, who got it for dirt (you wouldn't believe me if I told you!) Cause it wouldn't start. One set of points were grounded.
If you still have points in it ,it sounds like a bad condenser. They don't last for a bunch of years like they used to.

Quick update: I have 12v at the coil. The coil wire is shooting a nice crisp snappy spark. The plug wires are shooting a spark so faint that you have to squint to see if it's really happening. At this point, I'm putting the blame on the Proform "Mopar" distributor that I installed 2 years ago. I recently read that you should stay away from Proform distributors. Bad reviews. My new distributor is arriving Monday. I bought one from a very reputable source. I will definitely write back with how I make out. Thank you.

I was thinking maybe a loose distributor? Did you check your timing?
Maybe advanced/retarded during the last drive and therefore became worse and worse.

I was thinking maybe a loose distributor? Did you check your timing?
Maybe advanced/retarded during the last drive and therefore became worse and worse.

Never got a chance to check the timing because I couldn't get it started. The distributor hold down was tight. That distributor did NOT move. I did think of that and tried to turn the distributor. It wouldn't move. I believe the dist. is bad.

OK guys. I got my A12 Bee running. It was a bad distributor. When I bought the car in 2016, it had a Flame Thrower distributor in it. I wanted the stock look but I wanted an Electronic distributor too so.....I ordered a conversion kit from Mancini. It was a Proform distributor. Word on the street is that they are known for problems. Anyway, I ordered a new one from Rick Ehrenberg and put it in my 440. Fired right up and idles so nice. I want to thank everyone for their input especially Super-Bee_ski. You were right, it was the dizzy. I will sleep very well tonight. Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back